Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barney's Approval Rate

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barney's Approval Rate

So I just applied for the Barney's Card after teetering back and forth for a year. I've gotten the dreaded 7-10 day letter which could be a denial or could be verification. I consider myself to be somewhat of an expert with credit and cards ever since my bankruptcy but this Barney's card has me on edge. I really like the huge cli and I'm also heading to Vegas soon for my birthday and wouldn't mind using it. I have 8 comenity cards and have received the 7-10 letter 4 times, each being verification letters with one denying my app because of wrong information I answered. The reason I'm posting is because I'd like an update as to have the cli process works now since the recent restrictions and two what do you think my chances are at snagging this card? Here are my credentials:
J. Crew- $4250
VS-$950
Express-$1100
Z Gallerie- $7500
Crate and Barrel- $9000
Pier one- $7250
Pottery Barn-$5750
Ulta-$400

I also am an authorized user for my husbands Amex Express Gold, Chase Sapphire and I have a Neiman Marcus cc $750, Saks cc $500, Capitalone QS1 $2200, Capitalone Secured $500, Capitalone Unsecured $2200 and a Capitalone Spark at $2200.
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barney's Approval Rate

I also have a Walmart cc at $500, Athleta at $500 and Banana Republic at $300
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi crystal,

This would be your 9th Comenity card. I'd suggest to be extremely careful with all this apping for Comenity, getting cards, and then requesting a number of CLI's on top of it.

Please read the threads, as they have shut people down and continue to do so when a person keeps apping for Comenity cards. Asking for a number of CLI's on top of it all is adding fuel to the fire.

There are people with multiple Comenity cards who had not had issues; however, there are a number of people who have had all of their cards closed down. 

Good luck on your application, but I'd be extremely careful going forward.

Message 3 of 25
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Hey OP. Just wanted to share with you , see you have alot of Comenity cards , as you prolly know Comenity has been kinda funny last year with just closing accounts out of ppl that have "too many " or they use "too many Inquires " as a reason to close down accts .

This happened to a family member of mine , she was just starting her rebuild last year and opened several Comenity store accts and visa/mcs , one day after about 6 to 8 mths of her having her accts she went to log on and was locked out of all her accts . When she called to find out why the CSR would not give her any info , she finally got a letter in the mail weeks after saying they closed her accts for too many Inquires on her reports . It's several members here on the forums that it happened to . Just wanted to give you a heads up on it . Be careful with opening too many new accts with them in short time periods .

As far as the CLI stuff they have buckled down lately on getting CLI with the comenity accts so I'm not sure , I have not seen any recent post of CLI with this card specifically.
Message 4 of 25
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

+1 Humu we were writing this at the same time , I would be extremely cautious OP just looking out for you , no harm intended
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had all of these cards for over a year now, with the exception of the Ulta card! I haven't applied for a Comenity card since they pre approved me 2 months ago for the Ulta card. I am planning on closing 3 because I don't really need them or use them. I am asking about the Barney's cc and would like advice on that and not to be scolded please! As Pizza has mentioned, I am trying to do what's best for my situation. I don't ask for credit increases, I've actually requested one for each card throughout the whole time of having them and after reading reviews I don't do it as much as most of the people here, so please spare me!
Message 6 of 25
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Also OP , why all the store cards? Do you actually make use of them all , store cards can be useful if you shop often and can use the benefits of having a card with that store . I would have to say focus on getting real revolving bank cards and try to do away with any of these cards that you don't use . Synchrony is just as bad if not worse at closing down accts just like Comenity. Also you have not mentioned your scores ? Where are they at, also in what time period have you opened all these store cards ?
Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

My score is around 620 the last I checked my Fico. Again the store cards are pretty much the only cards I could get after my bankruptcy. It's been a year and a half since then. I'm planning to use my pottery barn card, I use crate and Barrel and I'm closing Express, Victoria Secret, and Pier One
Message 8 of 25
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Sorry Op if you felt I came off as scolding you that is definitely not my intention, I have had to receive alot of constructive criticism from members here in order to get me to where I need to be . We don't mean to come off as ill intended . I know Humu also didn't mean it as a scold but more of a warning as we have seen what has happened to others in the forums for doing the same thing .
Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got all 3 Sychrony cards which I do use. I am gardening for now after Barney's app. Since buying a car, I have about 15 credit inquiries mostly from the car buying experience and I'm not applying for big cards because my credit is not there yet
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.