Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIP or CSR or CSP... 9 Hard Pulls...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CIP or CSR or CSP... 9 Hard Pulls...

Hey all,

I am new-ish in my credit journey and am looking for some direction. I have split goals here. 1) I want a business card at some point, but sooner the better 2) I also want points for travel. 

but my credit history is aggressive. Credit Karma tells me the following

TransUnion: 724   Equifax:734

6% utilization

CL: 10,300 (Freedom 6,700 - Discover it - 3000 - QS 600)

9 AAoA (oldest line 1y 6m, newest line 3m)

4 Total Accounts (QS, Discover It, Freedom, and Mortgage)

9 Hard Inquiries (Last pull June 22nd, 4 are from last 365 days, 4 more before then)

The hard inquiries are my biggest concern here with going for the Ink Preferred. I am prequalified for the CSP, but I think I want the CSR for the travel credits and 1.5 transfer rate. Basically, how good of a shot do I have at the Ink Prefered, if not should I be safe going for the CSR over the CSP? Or do I wait till some of these hard pulls fall off?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
RSX
Valued Contributor

Re: CIP or CSR or CSP... 9 Hard Pulls...

Look up Chase 5/24 before applying.  There are threads on here that explain it

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 2 of 15
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all,

I am new-ish in my credit journey and am looking for some direction. I have split goals here. 1) I want a business card at some point, but sooner the better 2) I also want points for travel. 

6% utilization

9 Mos average credit history (oldest line 1y 6m, newest line 3m)

9 Hard Inquiries (Last pull June 22nd, 4 are from last 365 days, 4 more before then)

The hard inquiries are my biggest concern here with going for the Ink Preferred. I am prequalified for the CSP, but I think I want the CSR for the travel credits and 1.5 transfer rate. Basically, how good of a shot do I have at the Ink Prefered, if not should I be safe going for the CSR over the CSP? Or do I wait till some of these hard pulls fall off?

Hi and welcome

First, get your FICO scores! Your CK scores doesn't tell us what your credit profile look like. IMHO, I think your chances at getting another Chase card is next to nil. Why? Your AAOA is too new and your inquiries are too numerous. Also, there are two thing you should worry about: (1) If you were to get an approval, it may be a toy limit, and (2) your Freedom could get shut down if you keep applying for credit.

Also, are there are any CCs in your pocket that exceed $5K CL because I think this is the SL for a CSP and Chase does not want to be the first one to give out a large limit. Let us know. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RSX wrote:

Look up Chase 5/24 before applying.  There are threads on here that explain it

I should be under 5/24 because I only have 3 credit lines for cards. I was assuming mortgages don't count, but either way I'd still only be at 4/24. I'm only looking to add one card right now.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all,

6% utilization

Hi and welcome

First, get your FICO scores! Your CK scores doesn't tell us what your credit profile look like. IMHO, I think your chances at getting another Chase card is next to nil. Why? Your AAOA is too new and your inquiries are too numerous. Also, there are two thing you should worry about: (1) If you were to get an approval, it may be a toy limit, and (2) your Freedom could get shut down if you keep applying for credit.

Also, are there are any CCs in your pocket that exceed $5K CL because I think this is the SL for a CSP and Chase does not want to be the first one to give out a large limit. Let us know. 

Chase already gave me a $6,700 limit on the Freedom. They also Pre-qualed me for the Saphire Preferred. So I figured I'd have some shot at getting one of these three. Unless there Pre-qual isn't accurate. Also, why would you say that my Freedom could get shut down?

Message 5 of 15
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all,

6% utilization

Hi and welcome

Chase already gave me a $6,700 limit on the Freedom. They also Pre-qualed me for the Saphire Preferred. So I figured I'd have some shot at getting one of these three. Unless there Pre-qual isn't accurate. Also, why would you say that my Freedom could get shut down?

Because Chase doesn't like aggressive credit-seeking behavior. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool, so what’s reasonable amount of time to wait until I look for another card?
Message 7 of 15
RSX
Valued Contributor

Maybe wait until that June one is 6 months +.  So Jan 2020

Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 8 of 15
RSX
Valued Contributor

I appd a Chase Amazon in 2018.  Then I appd a Chase United this March.  This was before I found this site. I got both, but didn't know their rules, so I always like to make sure someone knows how serious Chase is

i have learned the same with UsBank.  

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, I’m in no rush. I’d just like to capitalize on the rewards. That said, can you help me understand how the pre qualified stuff plays into this? It just seems wired that “best practice” is to wait when I have an offer on the table.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.