Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP/CSR Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP/CSR Question

Hi all,

Quick question about the CSP and CSR. Thinking about applying for one or the other, but haven't quite decided which yet. Both of them could make sense for me so I think it'll depend on what my travel plans look like in the months after I apply.

Anyway, I have never been able to get a pre-qualification from Chase. I've check their website two or three times a month for the last year or so and nothing. So about three months ago I signed up for Chase Credit Journey hoping something might show up there. To this point, nothing has.

Scores are in the 750 range with all three bureaus. Two cards with over a 10K limit. Always pay in full. Profile is a little young, got my first CC back in May 2018. The only thing I can think that would have a negative impact is an abundance of student loans (law school). These loans are always paid on time, however. Does everyone think I'd be safe to cold app for either card (or one or the other) over the next few months? And any ideas on why prequals may never be coming up?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: CSP/CSR Question

What cards do you already have and what are their CLs and UT. Also what is your AAOA and AoYA? Are those FICO scores?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,
Cards are as is in profile... Currently 4/24, two with 10K plus limits. AAoA shows as 9 years due to student loans. Utilization stays around 5%.

All scores in 750 range according to Fico scores.
Message 3 of 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello,
Cards are as is in profile... Currently 4/24, two with 10K plus limits. AAoA shows as 9 years due to student loans. Utilization stays around 5%.

All scores in 750 range according to Fico scores.

My impression is that you would be approved.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have a depository relationship with Chase? If so you can go to a branch location and check with a personal banker to see if you have any in-branch approvals.

I have multiple bank accounts with Chase and I've never gotten pre approvals through the Chase app, online account, chase credit journey, nor the pre-qualification website. All my Chase credit approvals came via in-branch approvals.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No other existing relationships with Chase at the moment, though they are rolling out a bunch of branches here in Massachusetts. Unsure if I'm willing to open anything with them mostly because I don't really need to. I was going to head down to the branch they're opening down the street when it does open and explore some though, so that may be an option in the future.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't worry about prequal neccessarily.  I didn't have any prequal with Chase and got a CSR with 45k SL.  I would definitely be looking at the CSR over the CSP.  I'm not sure why anyone who could get either would get the CSP as long as they travel at all.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.