cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Quicksilver No CLIs in a LONG time....keep or not?

tag
RobynJ
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI denial…Again!

I only have my experience's to go off of unfortunately. Every card I have was a single HP except C1. This is why I said that. I love being able to learn from the wisdom of the folks here though. This forum has already helped me grow much larger and faster by every means vrs if I didn't use what I have learned from here. So thanks to all the DP's from everyone here. 

> > > > > > > > >

Starting Score:

Current Score:
My highest 818

Goal Score:

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

/
Message 21 of 23
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI denial…Again!

@RobynJ wrote:

I've always wondered why Cap1's algorithm is designed to not reward their card members with CLI conducive to their Credit Profile and usage. I read all the time about how stingy they are with CLI but on the other end of the spectrum give cards to more undesirable candidates. I get the way the subprime market works but you would think that they would love to have those that passed the threshold into a better credit arena to want to keep that card and better their portfolio. I am just disgruntled that they treat you as a high risk even after you have proven you are not and your FICO now backs that with more factual evidence. My opinion is that "we" I want to feel accomplished by the reward of the earned CLI because it doesn't happen the way I desire it sort of makes me feel as if I am still a subprime risk rather than a revenue asset to them.  Thoughts?

Its not personal. Scores get you in. Where you get in at is where you'll basically stay. Prime, sub-prime, starter, ect. Things are much tighter now than back in 2016-17 with them.

@DaWhole9Been stuck at the same CL with the 3 below. And thats after turning in 14g's because I was a newb and was scared I was passing my income. They were handing out CLI's back back then like candy. Oldest one over 6yrs. No soup for me either. But I do CLI's for fun. Always denied. Do I need more? No. Posted in the other Cap1 unpleased thread. Its basically all of us.

Message 22 of 23
Rottweilerlvr
Contributor

Re: Capital One Quicksilver No CLIs in a LONG time....keep or not?

I will tell you what I did. I closed my credit card account and refinanced my Capital One Auto Loan and have effectively banned myself from getting another one of their products. Not playing that game.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.