cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances to get approved for American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card?

tag
Snipper117
Contributor

Re: Chances to get approved for American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card?

I believe its www.freecreditscore.com  Not only is mine free but my cousins is also and we receive the updated scores and reports quite often actually as well as alerts.

10/07/2020 BK7 Discharged Papers Received
10/07/2020 FICO 8 SCORES EXP 586 EQU 610 TU 557
Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, I just checked and it said a 753! Dam!

Message 22 of 31
Snipper117
Contributor

Thats pretty good....lol....dont go messing that up now.  Let us know if you end up applying and how it works out.

Message 23 of 31
Snipper117
Contributor

Also curious what are the sign up bonus offers for the hilton and for the delta?  

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, I just checked and it said a 753! Dam!

Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah.  I am going to wait until next month to see what Discover does with the secured card I have with them.  I plan to get another card next month regardless.  I don't plan on going crazy lol

Message 25 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

To be quite honest I don't remember what the signup bonuses were.  I think they were $3,000?  Regardless I wouldn't hit them right now in the time frame that they wanted(3 months).

Message 26 of 31
luxlight
Regular Contributor

Just throwing in a datapoint, i was in your shoes about 2 months ago and i had a discover it for students first then applied for the AMEX Blue Cash Everyday. Was approved for a $1000 limit with $15k income. Zero baddies and had a 698 EX or 702EX  FICO score at that time. I had a $2200 limit on my discover card before i applied for it.

FICO 8 Scores

TU: 743 [2 Inquiry] | EQ: 742 (FAKO) [0 Inquiry] | EX: 753 [4 Inquiries]

AAoA = 2 years, AAoOA = 3 year 1 months

Message 27 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats good.  That is why I want to wait another month to have a little more history and to also see what Discover will give me.  Thanks for the datapoint.  

Message 28 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you were pre approved for the delta or Hilton with an AF and you could care less for the SUB then those are a good way to get in. At the close of the AF you can do a PC to a card that does not assess the AF. As everyone has mentioned getting into a branded card is different UW criteria than a AMEX card in itself. Also as others mention let your AAoA grow to potentially get better rates and SL. Your score is great  but your profile is thin so keep that in mind that the number is a good measuring guide but does not defy your credit worthiness when starting up. Good luck!

Message 29 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I do a PC anytime if I were to have a card with an AF?  I plan to do the pre approvel next month and see the AMEX and others give say.

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.