Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase -Southwest

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase -Southwest

Hello! Yesterday I applied for the Southwest card. The message said they needed more time. (Something like that) it said I would be notified in writing within 30 days. The automated line was telling me the same.(30 days). So, this morning, after reading a few posts, I called the backdoor verification number. The representative asked me several questions. She asked me things like my cousins birth month, asked about my old jobs, old addresses. She asked for more than one and wanted to know how long I lived at each address. She asked for two different phone numbers. Asked if I had more cell numbers. I spent about 15 mins answering questions. She put me on hold, came back, and told me I needed to fax in my drivers license, and a utility bill. I faxed it about 30 mins ago. Called the automated line again, and now it's saying "thank you for applying. Your application is currently being reviewed. You will be notified in writing within 7-10 business days". Do you guys think this is a denial or approval? Thanks in advance for your replies!
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase -Southwest

Jeez, I don't have that experience but I hope for all your troubles it's an approval! Good luck. Hopefully someone can chime in. 

Message 2 of 30
creditguy
Valued Contributor

It seems like it would just be easier to submit a DNA sample. Smiley Happy. Since I am not a Chase underwriter I can't say for sure, but usually that 30 day message is a good sign and asking for all the verification info is also a good sign. I am leaning toward approval how does your overall profile look? 

Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Jeez, I don't have that experience but I hope for all your troubles it's an approval! Good luck. Hopefully someone can chime in. 

Thanks! I really felt interrogated. Never been through this before.

Message 4 of 30
creditguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! I really felt interrogated. Never been through this before.

A Lot of people recommend not calling chase and just letting the process carry out on its own, no need to poke bears and have to answer a lot of questions when it's not necessary. Good luck. 

Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditguy wrote:

It seems like it would just be easier to submit a DNA sample. Smiley Happy. Since I am not a Chase underwriter I can't say for sure, but usually that 30 day message is a good sign and asking for all the verification info is also a good sign. I am leaning toward approval how does your overall profile look? 

EX 649, TU 654 EQ 643. I was approved for the Chase freedom last month for $1500. I also have Quicksilver and Quicksilverone both at $800 (just increased from $300 the other day). Walmart $3500, and two Comenity cards $600 and $150. One medical collection on transunion and one late. Equifax has a charged off credit card due to fall off this year, I was an authorized user on that account. and 6 old medical collections. Experian is 3 medical collections and one late.

Message 6 of 30
creditguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditguy wrote:

EX 649, TU 654 EQ 643. I was approved for the Chase freedom last month for $1500. I also have Quicksilver and Quicksilverone both at $800 (just increased from $300 the other day). Walmart $3500, and two Comenity cards $600 and $150. One medical collection on transunion and one late. Equifax has a charged off credit card due to fall off this year, I was an authorized user on that account. and 6 old medical collections. Experian is 3 medical collections and one late.

Yeah that's a tough one, from looking at your scores and overall profile I'd probably lean towards a denial, but since Chase just recently approved you for a freedom your obviously a worth candidate of their approval but you never know with these banks. What surprises me is all the questions they asked considering your a current chase cardholder, strange.

Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called the automated line again, & now it says I will be notified in writing within 30 days. I think I'm going to stop checking now. LOL

Message 8 of 30
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Ha yeah I'd stop checking too for the sake of your sanity. But on the plus side 30 days is positive.
Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would never be able to answer all of those questions - I mean, my cousins birth month? No way!

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.