Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI?

tag
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

Citi CLI?

I requested a Citi CLI and got denied due too many new accounts. Depsite spending well over 20K on the card in my first 8 months of having the card. Any tips on getting a CLI outside of high spend and large payments which I already am doing. How long to wait before I might be eligible. EQ 9 782 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi CLI?

@Harvey26 wrote:

I requested a Citi CLI and got denied due too many new accounts. Depsite spending well over 20K on the card in my first 8 months of having the card. Any tips on getting a CLI outside of high spend and large payments which I already am doing. How long to wait before I might be eligible. EQ 9 782 

Was this cli attempt sp or hp?

Message 2 of 25
Remi1
Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Harvey26 wrote:

In my experience, Citi CLIs are always SP. Is this not their common practice?

Message 3 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remi1 wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Harvey26 wrote:

In my experience, Citi CLIs are always SP. Is this not their common practice?

Not always.  Citi can provide the option for a SP CLI *if* the account is eligible.  Otherwise, there's the option to request it via HP if the SP language isn't present.

Message 4 of 25
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

Not sure this applies to you, but IME, they *said* they were denying my CLI requests for too many new accounts, but I also happened to be carrying a balance on my Citi cards (don't remeber the amount... maybe $2k?). When I paid that down to zero, they immediately started approving CLI's, despite the fact that my new accounts were still present. 

Message 5 of 25
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

@Harvey26 Does Citi allow recons? If so, have you tried to call and speak with a Customer Service Representative? Wishing you success in obtaining your requested Citi CLI.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 6 of 25
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit SP

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 7 of 25
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Curious_George2  Nope not carrying a balance i PIF every month 

Message 8 of 25
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@babygirl1256 Tries this they said do to the reason they could do a recon I even said they could do a HP

Message 9 of 25
KatSoDak
Frequent Contributor

My DPs on Citi Simplicity Card:

Opened 8/2019 with SL of $6,900 

Did a balance transfer of $2,800 to card

Paid $150 monthly for 18+ months

Asked for CLI on 2/2020 - SL raised to $10,900 

Asked for CLI on 12/2020 - SL raised to $13,900

Last BT payment made 4/1/2020

Asked for CLI on 5/2020 - SL raised to $15,900

All were SP

Current balance $0

Multiple current  BT offers

Current Fico from Citi 803

Ive opened 10 cards since this Citi card 

Inquiries are high, especially on EX 

Income under 75k

Citi has been good to me.  WF also has been steady with CLIs.  Meanwhile BofA will not give me a CLI.  

FICO 8:

EQ FICO 9 - 770
EX FICO 9 - 758

Citi (2) | Discover | HSBC | BOA | NFCU (2) | WF (2) | Simmons Bank | FNBO (2) | PENFED | BBVA | US Bank | Lowes | Care Credit | Home Depot AU
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.