Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Credit CLI

tag
Ms6Footer
Contributor

Comenity Credit CLI

I don’t know what I am doing wrong, I have 4 of their cards all 6-8 months old and I can’t get a CLI. Cards always used and PIF. I went from no FICO when I first had the cards to almost 700 in the last year. I update my income, all payments on time... why do they hate me?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity Credit CLI

Are you calling for the CLI?  Or does the website just say you aren't eligible? 

Message 2 of 11
Ms6Footer
Contributor

Online it has a button to request, then it asks for my income, then the red 7-10 days comes up. I’ve been in the garden since August. I also have Cap One Platinum/ Cap One quicksilver/ Amex / discover and one from my credit union. My utilization is below 6%.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Take a chill pill.  Sometimes it can take 9 moths to 1 year before your first CLI on a Comenity card.  The worst thing about MyFICO'ers is impatience.

Credit building takes YEARS not days or weeks.

Message 4 of 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

+1 @creditcontractor

OP, 6-8 months is nothing!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

OP you’re not doing anything wrong and Comenity doesn’t hate you.

Treat this as a marathon and not a sprint and you’ll be less stressed out.

You’ll get there.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been trying with Comenity, too. I have other Comenity cards with decent CLs, but in September, I got a NY&Co card with a cl of $300. Ugh. I acutally love this store and with a higher cl I would shop there all the time. I tried PIF and then applying for a cli, nada. I tried carrying a balance and nada. Finally, I just stopped using the card. That resulted in a $100 cli just yesterday. *rolls eyes* I still shop there, but use a card with rewards for my dollars spent. But at least I see they respond to the not using of the card. I'm going to let the card alone for another few months and try again for a cli in the spring when I'll need to do a new shop for work clothes. But it seems they do respond to you when you let the card lay fallow for awhile. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

i can never been able to get a cli on  my 3 comenity cards either and they have been open for going on 18 months 

Message 8 of 11
Talonwildstar
Frequent Contributor

I sure wish and hope for the best for you and hope you get that increase soon, I have learned that I am on the commentiy 61 day cycle, I have had 2 x $1500 increases my 2 comments cards every 61 days .... all with the luv button no calling in .... I read somewhere they have 31, 61, 91 cycles it’s could all be BS but I tried it and it works for me onthr 61 day my boscoves went from 4,000 starting limit to 10,000 this month and my overstock went from 3600 starting to 9600 this month.... well anyway good luck !
AmEx BCE 20k | PNC visa 10k | Synchrony 2% MC 9.3k | LLBean Citi MC 6k | PNC points signature visa 15k | CapOne QS1 1.8.k | Citi DC. 7.750k | Discover it. 7k | Am Ex Gold | Kohl’s. $3k | Amazon Store. 10k | Overstock. 13.6k | Boscovs. 14k | Best Buy S.C. 2.8k | Home Depot 2k | Total CL 149,000 | PNC personal loan 7500 down to 6200 | Oldest credit 4yr 8 months , newest 1/2020 | *1% card utilization only 1 inquiry on Experian 0 on others

As of 05/03/22
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It took 3 months for me to get my first CLI on my Overstock card, for $300, but I've been getting regular $1500 CLI's on a quarterly basis ever since then; I check every 3 to 4 months. I got a BJ's Perks Mastercard in October on a pre-qualified offer, so I'm planning to check this weekend once the next statement is cut. I think Comenity wants you to have your card in use for at least 3 months (though depending on your profile it could be more) before they'll give you a CLI; I tried my first Overstock CLI request in August 2017, about 2 months after I'd been issued the card, and was declined on the grounds that I needed to establish a history, but tried again the next month (September) and got my limit increased as noted above. Similarily, I tested the waters on my BJ's card about a month ago and was declined for the same reason (need to establish a payment history), so I'm going to try again this weekend and see if 3 months/statements is the sweet spot for this card as well.

EDIT: I just tried for a CLI on my BJ's MC and got the 7-10 day message; I was expecting either instant approval or denial so I'm kind of perplexed too (as I got another quarterly $1,500 CLI on my Overstock last week when I checked) because from what I can see, Comenity can go either way with a 7-10 day message.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.