Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Verification - Data Alliance

tag
JenW83
Established Member

Comenity Verification - Data Alliance

I recently applied for a J Crew card, and got the "we're reviewing your application". I found this odd, as I knew my credit score was high enough to be approved.

I got a letter in the postal mail today saying that they could continue my application, but I had to send identity verification items: Drivers license and or Passport, SSN Card, and a recent utility bill.

I want to continue the app process, but am a little nervous about sending all this via email. Has anyone else gone through this process? I just want to make sure this is legitimate. This is a lot of personal information!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Comenity Verification - Data Alliance

@JenW83 wrote:

I recently applied for a J Crew card, and got the "we're reviewing your application". I found this odd, as I knew my credit score was high enough to be approved.

I got a letter in the postal mail today saying that they could continue my application, but I had to send identity verification items: Drivers license and or Passport, SSN Card, and a recent utility bill.

I want to continue the app process, but am a little nervous about sending all this via email. Has anyone else gone through this process? I just want to make sure this is legitimate. This is a lot of personal information!

Just keep in mind that a credit score alone isn't the only criteria for getting approved. Plenty of other factors are involved, especially if there is a mismatch somewhere.

Did they request the documents to be sent via email or standard mail?  If it's coming from Alliance Data Systems, yes it is legit. There should be a number on the letter where you can contact them to see whether you could fax or provide them the information in a more secure way if you have some apprehension on sending them via email. 

Message 2 of 4
JenW83
Established Member

The letter seems to have came from Comenity. They just gave me an email to send the items to, or a postal PO Box address I can send them to.

The email is: AccountProtectionVerification@alliancedata.com

The mailing address is:

Comenity Bank

PO Box 182686

Columbus, OH 43218-2686

There wasn't a phone number provided to call. I moved into a new build home in September, and sometimes places can't confirm the address. So I'm sure that's why, but it still makes me nervous to have my identity items just out in the web space!

Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@JenW83 wrote:

The letter seems to have came from Comenity. They just gave me an email to send the items to, or a postal PO Box address I can send them to.

The email is: AccountProtectionVerification@alliancedata.com

The mailing address is:

Comenity Bank

PO Box 182686

Columbus, OH 43218-2686

There wasn't a phone number provided to call. I moved into a new build home in September, and sometimes places can't confirm the address. So I'm sure that's why, but it still makes me nervous to have my identity items just out in the web space!

If they provided both options, you can send it via CMRR to the PO Box address as listed on the letter. This way, you'll get a confirmation receipt that they received the documents.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.