Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Wants Me Back !

tag
stinastina
Established Contributor

Credit One Wants Me Back !

They keep sending me letters and emails offering up to a $2k credit line. I have a couple of cards that are at $1500 and refuse to give me any cli at all (Penfed Promise and Barclays Apple). I'm in the garden at the moment but wouldn't it be better to have cards that grow as opposed to cards that won't ?

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Credit One Wants Me Back !

Ummmm credit one NO NO NO...............................

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kill it with fire!

Seriously, you have enough cards for a successful rebuild, I would let what you have mature and then go for cards with non-predatory issuers.
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed with the others. Credit One has no business in your wallet. Your cards are far and away better than that, And aging your accounts and paying them low to increase your scores will eventually be rewarded.
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just say no....there is a reason they are an EX. 

Message 5 of 17
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

FICO could care less what the name is on the card. Your in good shape for rebuilding for now. Take the letters and donate them to a local kindergarden and they can make paper airplanes out of them. Or use them to start a fire in the firplace. Whats that saying? Oh! Just Say No.

Message 6 of 17
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

FICO could care less what the name is on the card. Your in good shape for rebuilding for now. Take the letters and donate them to a local kindergarden and they can make paper airplanes out of them. Or use them to start a fire in the firplace. Whats that saying? Oh! Just Say No.

I completely agree FICO knows no name of course, but this brings back something that happened to me a long long time ago.

When I had started building years ago ( before we had to file BK) I was on the phone with a credit card company ( for the life of me I can't remember who I know big piece missing lol) anyhow I was trying to recon on a denial. As I stated I was building and only had a few subprime cards and wanted this "prime" card and was denied, I remember being on the phone with them and they were going over my report.  The underwriter "seemed" to sort of pause and almost hesitate while mentioning my cards on my reports. Now call me paranoid, but I always thought that those cards when doing a manual review may have made me not look as good. I am sure there is no truth to this of course, but i have that in back of mind.

yes I know I am paranoidSmiley LOL

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 7 of 17
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

NOOOO don’t do it!!! Lol

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

You worked hard to bring your credit profile to where it is now. Keep on growing with the cards that you have. Credit One has no benefits for you whatsoever. Let your current accounts grow and as your profile improves more and get better prime cards down the road, you'll thank yourself for not falling prey to Credit One's predatory marketing.

Message 9 of 17
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Just no to Credit One. You will also pay out the wazoo for their credit.🏧
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.