Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU pre approvals

tag
Hex
Valued Contributor

DCU pre approvals

I was wondering if DCU has released their pre approvals for April yet. If you have received any offers please post. Thanks.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DCU pre approvals

I have never received one from them. Had a car refinance paid in full, have primary checking with them with direct deposit. Have savings and money market and Platinum credit card. Clean scores and a FICO5 at 760.

And I NEVER get any offers.

Message 2 of 18
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have never received one from them. Had a car refinance paid in full, have primary checking with them with direct deposit. Have savings and money market and Platinum credit card. Clean scores and a FICO5 at 760.

And I NEVER get any offers.

Sounds like me and Cap1

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>8/2024 All 3 reports 835ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 18
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

i have 5 pre approvals as of today one of those are personal and personal loan same product twice (strange)but the others are Auto related  like refinance and auto loan motorcycle loan etc i have DCU visa platinum @30k and checking account ... i am going to ask them if i can use the personal loan sp offer switch to credit increase for visa lets see ...

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 4 of 18
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Where do you see the preapprovals on your accounts?

EXP 780 EQ 796 TU 806
Message 5 of 18
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

after you log in go to loan suite its all there...

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 6 of 18
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

ok that ok thanks. It lists a ton I am sure I am not approved for them LOL

EXP 780 EQ 796 TU 806
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

does it mean if you have preapprovals its a Soft Pull?

I m in DCU for

Auto Refi & Credit cards.

My question is

if no preapprovals, no checking account and no direct deposit when applying for Auto Refi & CC, is the credit pull used for the same thing. I had a credit pull 2 weeks ago for Auto Refi with 708 Fico5 Score ( 3.49% APR approval for 65 months; Credit Pull 04/03/2018)  and waiting on submitting docs to them, wondering if they would use the same credit pull while applying for their credit card/personal loans. I m told they dont have a PLOC?

Message 8 of 18
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Under the Loan Suite each loan type has a light green APPLY button.  If you have a preapproval/prequalification for a given loan type its button will instead be dark green and say "ACCEPT" and the text will say "APPROVED UP TO" with dollar figure and APR.

If you're preapproved it is a soft pull.

(9/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 9 of 18
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

Under the Loan Suite each loan type has a light green APPLY button.  If you have a preapproval/prequalification for a given loan type its button will instead be dark green and say "ACCEPT" and the text will say "APPROVED UP TO" with dollar figure and APR.

If you're preapproved it is a soft pull.

Ah! thanks. It is confusing as at the top it says "Please note that taking advantage of one or more of these pre-approval or pre-qualification offers, if applicable, may impact the status of your remaining offers". I have a ton of "offers", but they're all light green with APPLY. I just joined them in October to refi my auto loan and have checking with direct deposit for the .5% discount on the car loan + savings with $1k for the 5% interest. Not much else they have interests me. I'd consider a Personal Line of Credit if they offered it, but don't need or want a personal loan.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.