Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for Amazon Visa even after recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied for Amazon Visa even after recon

I applied on the 11th and was immediately declined for too many new accounts and inquiries.

I called this morning and explained I had no prior credit history and wanted to start building. But the credit analyst mentioned I have more than ten new accounts opened in the past twenty four months.

She thoroughly went through my application and took her time. In the end she said she was not able to approve me. Is all hope lost?

I was also declined for the Uber credit card but was approved through recon

FICO scores are 740s with 3% Utilization. But my credit history is under 2 years
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Denied for Amazon Visa even after recon

Chase is new account sensitive just like Citi. It has been said that they do that to avoid churners since they only want customers who are going to really use their cards regularly. To many, Chase is a "jealous" lender. Normally the co-branded cards are easier to get, however as you said you reconned and she took her time going through your application and specifically pointed out the ten new accounts in 24 months.

Personally I don't think they will approve it because their system probably flagged you as a potential "credit seeker" Smiley Sad Sorry OP.

But hey, maybe try the HUCA strategy of calling back and trying rep after rep and maybe you will catch someone on their good day after they have had their coffee and they will approve you Smiley Tongue

Good luck to you!

Message 2 of 21
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Don't think another rep will approve. The Recon line stopped approving or even looking at an app which was already reconsidered once and turned down. They read from the notes of other rep. Happening with me. Better to just wait out with CHASE. They told me they are looking back for 6 months for new accounts/inquiries. To me it feels like they just want to deny for any reason and thus try to find the easy targets. I know a lot of people keep getting approved for new accounts with them and they have really good credit scores. 

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may be on to something. I will call again tomorrow. I did apply for 4 credit cards on the 11th. Chase was the only one who declined me. They'll probably not approve me after those new accounts report.
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

The past six months I've opened two personal accounts. Citi and NFCU
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah my outlook on life is it doesn't hurt to ask. You already applied for it so the worse possible thing they can say to you is "No" which isn't a big deal. Well it is to some Americans since we are so freaked out by rejection Smiley Very Happy

Good luck to you regardless!

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

>>I called this morning and explained I had no prior credit history and wanted to start building. But the credit analyst mentioned I have more than ten new accounts opened in the past twenty four months.<<

So is the analyst correct or not?

I doubt you'll be approved.  Even if the new accounts haven't reported as yet they can see the number of recent inquiries.  Plus any other analyst will refer to the notes from the previous reviews.

Message 7 of 21
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

Sorry about your denial. All lenders are getting tough with recent accounts and inquires. Except for Amex and Discover.

I have a question. You mentioned that you were able to recon the Uber denial. Can you wake us through the recon converstation?

What did they ask you and how did you answer because I know that Barclays asks specific questions related to denial reasons.

Thanks,

Message 8 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Their loss, now go get the Synchrony version and get a nice usable limit with room to growSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@patoot10 wrote:

Sorry about your denial. All lenders are getting tough with recent accounts and inquires. Except for Amex and Discover.

I have a question. You mentioned that you were able to recon the Uber denial. Can you wake us through the recon converstation?

What did they ask you and how did you answer because I know that Barclays asks specific questions related to denial reasons.

Thanks,

My initial denial with Barclay was strange because the system didn't even run my credit report. It just flat denied. When I called he ran my credit report and asked me about my job. He approved me for $2.5k. 

I just always assumed Chase has different lending criteria for there Amazon Visa. So I find it surprising that they were more new account sensitive than even Barclay. I'll call again tomorrow and offer to close my Ritz-Carlton. 

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.