cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for Amex BCP two days ago, prequalifications today for...Amex Delta & Hilton...

tag
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Denied for Amex BCP two days ago, prequalifications today for...Amex Delta & Hilton...

I was prequalified for thr Amex Delta & Hilton Honors cards. It seems like their system might be pulling old information as I was declined two days ago. Are these prequalifications valid? Would they likely HP me again?

Btw, I was denied the BCP for recent car and personal loans and SL lates from 4 years ago and earlier.

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Denied for Amex BCP two days ago, prequalifications today for...Amex Delta & Hilton...

They're fickle. I apped prematurely last Nov and was denied, I realized all my Inquiries I was getting removed were still floating around, I had 21 total amongst the Bureaus. I got down to 2-3 per Bureau by Dec, apped again and was approved for Delta SL 1k. Low SL, but I got mt foot in the door and I was satisfied. My score was around EX 707 FICO8 at the time, Its a bit higher now, by 60 points, and no more Inquiries, Im going to request a CLI in June, Currently $0 Balance. BTW, I called EXfor dispute and had the Nov AMEX Inquiry removed. haha. Good Luck to you.

Message 2 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Denied for Amex BCP two days ago, prequalifications today for...Amex Delta & Hilton...

@SweetCreditObsession wrote:

I was prequalified for thr Amex Delta & Hilton Honors cards. It seems like their system might be pulling old information as I was declined two days ago. Are these prequalifications valid? Would they likely HP me again?

Btw, I was denied the BCP for recent car and personal loans and SL lates from 4 years ago and earlier.

If you were denied 2 days ago, i would not try again right  now even on a prequal.  Prequals are usually solid but not 100% gaurenteed. 

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed. Prequals are based on their last SP,  so they won't know about recent activity until they perform a new one upon apping.

Something to keep in mind

Message 4 of 13
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

If you can stand the HP then go for it. They may pull another bureau that the pre-quals are giving you that meets their requirements for those specific cards.

It's hard not to hit that  button when you get pre-qual offers. You generally get approved more times than not.

Let us know how you decide and turn out.

Message 5 of 13
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

My suggestion would be to wait a couple months and let things settle down

Good luck

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 13
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

If you were denied 2 days ago, i would not try again right  now even on a prequal.  Prequals are usually solid but not 100% gaurenteed. 

+ 111111

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 7 of 13
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Interesting, thanks for the DPs @Anonymous 

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)

Message 8 of 13
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

That makes sense @AverageJoesCredit . Thanks!

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)

Message 9 of 13
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

That is good to know, @Anonymous .

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.