Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Secured

I'm in PA and they only pulled EQ for me in March
Message 21 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm updating again because I have a little movement with my account today. For the entire year I've had the Discover secured card, whenever I would click on the "request a credit limit increase" link, I have alway received the message that secured accounts cannot request a CLI online, and then gave a number to call and also stated that I would have to deposit additional funds to increase my CL. WELL, today I logged in and tried the CLI link again and this time it was going to allow me to ask for a CLI online (I didn't try yet--too chicken). YAY movement! I've heard from others that shortly after this happens their card unsecured - so I'm hoping!!

I will update if anything else happens. For the record, my 1 year anniversary from account opening was on March 17th, and my 12th statement cut on March 23rd, and today is when the CLI request page changed.

Message 22 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update again - I GRADUATED!!! WOOOHOOO! I just got the email from Discover saying they were returning my deposit. YAY!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 23 of 76
srloring13
Regular Contributor

Congrats. What were your scores when you applied for the secured card?
FILED CH7 BK 02/25/13 -- DISCHARGED 06/10/13
Starting Scores 06/10/13 EQ474 EX538 TU503
Message 24 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@srloring13 wrote:
Congrats. What were your scores when you applied for the secured card?

Thank you! My score was about 650 on TU (that's who they pulled for me, my scores were a little lower on the other bureaus) when I was approved for the secured card. I had originally app'd for an unsecured card, was denied, and immediately offered the secured version. I had 2 unpaid collections on my reports at that time, as well as several late pays showing. (All baddies fell off my reports before my card graduated).

Message 25 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't close it. I heard if it doesn't graduate in 1 year it will in 5 more months or less if pif every month. Plus it's giving your credit a good boost right? Now u qualify for better cards. Why close it now?
Message 26 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has it at least pulled your scores up?
Message 27 of 76
LadyVee
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the graduation!!

Starting Score: 485 (CK TU)
Current Score: 698 (TU FICO); 685 (EX FICO) 687 (EQ FICO)
Goal Scores: 750 (TU FICO); 750 (EX FICO); 750 (EQ FICO)

Current Cards:
AMEX Gold: NPSL, AMEX BCE: 1000, BARCLAY APPLE: 2000, CITI DC: 2250, CHASE CSP: 7400, CAP1 SAVOR: 12000, CAP1 VENTURE: 10000, CAP1 QS: 6500, CAP1 QS1: 3300,
DISC IT: 1400, MERRICK: 2200, PAYPAL CREDIT: 3000,
US BANK CASH+: 5000, WALMART: 5000, TARGET MC: 4000, ANN TAYLOR: 6000, VS: 6000, EXPRESS: 5000, NY&CO: 4000, SMILE GEN: 1500
Message 28 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LadyVee wrote:
Congrats on the graduation!!

Thank you! I didn't think it would happen because my BOA never graduated, so it was a surprise. Have you had any luck with yours yet?

Message 29 of 76
Officer737
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Update again - I GRADUATED!!! WOOOHOOO! I just got the email from Discover saying they were returning my deposit. YAY!! Smiley Very Happy

CONGRATS!! Hot damn! 

Message 30 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.