Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hit max exposure with Synchrony

tag
datrucking210
Established Contributor

Hit max exposure with Synchrony

Well I hit the max exposure with Sync. Call credit solutions to see if I could get my Sam's MC account up to $25k. Went through the usual process and was put on hold. Rep came with sorry but my request couldn't be approved at this time and I would get a letter in the mail with the reason as to why.

As of today I'm at $101,200 in total CL with Sync. I'm closing my TJX and Chevron cards. Dropping the limit on my amazon and JC penney cards to 1k. Have my subcribe and save items on my amazon for a little extra discount and use my JC penney card with the extra % off although they are small purchases, don't need 5k. Not sure what I'm going to do with the walmart card. I like that it offers the no interest for X months so I'm on the fence on that. Once I do that I'll call back down the road and try it again.

Mid 500's Spring 2014 As of 06/07/16 EQ-700^ TU-738^ EX-697v In the Garden 5/28/16! Goals 750 across the board end of 2016
AU:
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hit max exposure with Synchrony

Wow!  And to think I only have an American Eagle card and Walmart Card with combined $350 limit, with no budging in over 2 years of having the cards.

Message 2 of 9
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

I only have like 20k exposure with Synch but im already figuring which cards to grow to double digits Questions like do i really need to push JCP past 5k? I cant remember ever spending $500 in JCP let alone $5k.   I feel your pain OP

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 9
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I'm at 27k with Synchrony in the span of a month.. I don't think I want any more of their cards unless it's Stash or Ebates... Smiley Surprised
Message 4 of 9
drboxing
Established Contributor

have a question, I rebounding and hopefully will get to where you are with your credit limits. But does it hurt your credit scores to have large limits like that or does it help as long as you don't have that much debt. The highest limit I have with Synchrony is $1900 with Walmart.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@datrucking210 wrote:

Well I hit the max exposure with Sync. Call credit solutions to see if I could get my Sam's MC account up to $25k. Went through the usual process and was put on hold. Rep came with sorry but my request couldn't be approved at this time and I would get a letter in the mail with the reason as to why.

As of today I'm at $101,200 in total CL with Sync. I'm closing my TJX and Chevron cards. Dropping the limit on my amazon and JC penney cards to 1k. Have my subcribe and save items on my amazon for a little extra discount and use my JC penney card with the extra % off although they are small purchases, don't need 5k. Not sure what I'm going to do with the walmart card. I like that it offers the no interest for X months so I'm on the fence on that. Once I do that I'll call back down the road and try it again.

My freaking goodness! I struggle on managing six (6) CCs monthly (and have NO desire to have any more than seven [7] -CSP is the only one left) but I see you have about 40!!??!! Props to you for having the patience to do that. 

Message 6 of 9
datrucking210
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@datrucking210 wrote:

My freaking goodness! I struggle on managing six (6) CCs monthly (and have NO desire to have any more than seven [7] -CSP is the only one left) but I see you have about 40!!??!! Props to you for having the patience to do that. 

Yes it's a struggle to keep track of all of them but truth is mostly aren't used. Well I just use them to make a small purchase and then turn around to make a payment just so they don't get shut down. I have a spreadsheet with all the cards and the due dates are marked on my calendar's phone. Most of the time is a false alarm because I the alarm goes off in the morning but no payment is due for that card.

Mid 500's Spring 2014 As of 06/07/16 EQ-700^ TU-738^ EX-697v In the Garden 5/28/16! Goals 750 across the board end of 2016
AU:
Message 7 of 9
datrucking210
Established Contributor

@drboxing wrote:
have a question, I rebounding and hopefully will get to where you are with your credit limits. But does it hurt your credit scores to have large limits like that or does it help as long as you don't have that much debt. The highest limit I have with Synchrony is $1900 with Walmart.

Is all about utilization wether you have a 5k total credit limit or 100k. My scores have been going up and up but I try to keep util under 10% and I haven't suffer one bit. I've suffered more when new accounts hit my reports and drop my AAoA.

AU:
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow.  I'm at 95,300 with Comenity Bank.  I guess they won't give me much more.  Only at 38,500 with Synchrony.  Thanks for the info.  Very good to know before asking.  Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.