Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help on which direction to go

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need help on which direction to go

Ok ao I am in my rebuilding phase because I royally screwed up my credit.... so here it is

AU on my moms home depot credit card - $7800 cl with 652 balance 

AU on moms macys card 1200 cl- 0 balance

My cards-

Indigo -charge off 2018 but also on my report with collection agency for $620

Credit one -charge off 2017 but also reported with lvnv funding with balance of $795

Credit one- $300 cl (I just reapplied since charge off  and was approved it has not hit my report)

Capital one quicksilver one -$300 initial limit, paid on time for 2 months and got cli to $400

Installment loans-

Just opened up a fingerhut account - $125 limit, paid one month so far

Montgomery wards 150 limit, paid first month but isnt showing on report yet. 

Student loans about 23k, that I have not paid on nor have to at this moment. 

My experian is showing 621 for credit report

Equifax is showing 591

Trans union is showing 598

All my current accounts are current and I have paid on time....

Where do I got next. I just tried to apply for navy federal rewards card and was denied. Perhaps because I have 13 inquiries

This is my first post and I haven't gotten the abbreviations down yet so bear with me

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: I need help on which direction to go

You are fine Smiley Very Happy     What are you wanting/what are your goals?!     Other than the NF card which got denied what are you leaning towards point wise or building wise etc?!

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Building and points if possible. But at the moment I really want the credit score to go up so I can get a home loan in the next year or two

Message 3 of 21
thornback
Senior Contributor

Hi Tiffany,  welcome to the forums!

You will need to clear up your derogatories to see any signifcant improvements in score. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Indigo -charge off 2018 but also on my report with collection agency for $620

Credit one -charge off 2017 but also reported with lvnv funding with balance of $795

These charge-offs are very recent so it's in your credit's best interest to get them paid and, if possible, removed completely.   Since you have both accounts from the original creditor and the collection agency reporting, we will need to determine who  actually owns the debt in order to advise how best to proceed. 

Q: Are the original tradelines (by Indigo and Credit One) also reporting the $620 and $795 balances,  or are they showing as $0 balances with only their corresponding collection account tradelines showing the balances? 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 4 of 21
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

What are the 13 inquiries from? Also, where are you getting your scores? At this point, time is on your side until you can get approved for better cards. 

Message 5 of 21
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

If a Home is the Goal you definitely have time to get your ducks in a row I would say take a year (hopefully less) to get all your current information sorted then make sure you do NOT touch your information minimum 3 months before Apping for a Mortgage of course the longer you do not touch the better but come back when you get closer to that point.     In the meantime clearing up your current profile is a MUST sometimes it can take 3 months or longer just to get 1 thing fixed/removed so you definitely don't want to wait on those and after that you will have better shots at cards at that point too Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are reporting as 0

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

From experian. I know that credit karma doesnt report correctly

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

The inquiries are from when I was going to cosign for my husband to get a car and they ran my credit about 9 times, the others are from my current accounts. The most two recent ones are from today and march 12th

Message 9 of 21
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

The good news on a side note is once the year mark hits for those 9 they will become 'unscorable' so you will drop significantly from 13 I believe you said down to 4 which will look good for you Smiley Very Happy but not nearly as important as removing the Baddies getting that sorted out you will/should see a nice jump when they are taken care of/removed as well Smiley Very Happy     I remember mine jumped 100 points just for removing 2 Collections I had.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.