cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to app Amazon, but, does Synchrony have a cap for their cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to app Amazon, but, does Synchrony have a cap for their cards?

Okay, quick rundown.
First Synchrony card I got was my Care Credit for 15k, about 2 yrs ago. And my credit was low 700's FICO across the board.
Last year I got a PayPal Extras MC, and my limit was $300! Said something to the effect of not enough use with other Synchrony card.
So, ... it's the now. Scores across the board are all around 800 FICO. Even my Vantagescores are 750 or higher.
My recent cards: Citi DC -11,000, Citi DP - 14,000, Disco -14,700 and Nordstrom just gave me 5,000 on a Visa Sig. My Cap1 just PC'd from a 6,000 Plat to a Venture WEMC! They are all World Elite MC or Visa Sig now.
I may try for a better travel card later this year, however, and I am expecting at least 15k for that one.
But back when I got the Care Credit 15k card, it was by far my largest.
Now, it's just another card!
I use it when I can to make sure it has no reason to CLD.
And, I STILL haven't had a CLI on my PPEMC! I was told there is no way to ask for an increase, it just has to be given! But when???
But they have pre-approved me for other PayPal credit cards with promises of high limits, none I have yet accepted.

Okay. I buy almost EVERYTHING from Amazon.
And I won't be at the Chase 5/24 level until November. So I want just an Amazon Prime card.
But, it's Synchrony. 😟😢😭
Does Synchrony "cap" you from getting too high limits with card CLs combined?
If so, think I would be safe apping for an Amazon Card? Would my limit be capped although my average card CL is as high as the older Care Credit card?
Any Data Points about this kinda stuff???
Okay. Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I want to app Amazon, but, does Synchrony have a cap for their cards?

Online cap is 10K for most cards for CLI's

25K is the cap for some others w/o POI (calling Credit Solutions to get to 25K)

35K is the cap for Lowe's before they start looking at you funny for asking for more.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

But that's cap per card, or for all of Synchrony?
Either way, ... I don't know if I've met that Cap with the first card, or it seems laughable looking at the second ...?
Heh.
If it was just one card. But then the question becomes, if I have met a "cap", is the Amazon card not happening?
🤔🤔🤔 Hmm.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

those are per card.  aggregate it's 100K for most people.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ohhhhh.
I see.
So it may just be ME then. 😢
Fine.
I never liked Synchrony anyway!
*slams door*
*opens door* 😪
I'm sorry Synchrony. *sniff-sniff*

Tee hee. 😀 Just kidding! Then I probably have a shot with Amazon! Cool beans.
Thank you! 😁 👍
Message 5 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

You have an excellent chance with Sync AmazonSmiley Happy. They aren't the devil Smiley Wink, maybe Chase, but not good ol'Sync lol
Message 6 of 9
etatauri
Established Member

Are you waiting to get a different Chase card?

If you don't like Synchrony, you can app for the Amazon Prime Signature Visa by Chase.

I personally am not interested in the Chase trifecta so I applied for this and got approved with 6.5k.

Capital One Savor 20,000 |||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 15,000 |||| American Express Blue Cash Preferred 11,000 |||| Venmo 10,000 |||| Macy's Amex 10,000 |||| Amazon Prime Signature Visa (Chase) 6,900 |||| Citi Double Cash 6,500 |||| Wells Fargo Platinum 6,000 |||| Chase Freedom Unlimited 5,700 |||| Paypal Credit 4,250 |||| Gap (Synchrony) 3,500 |||| Total CL: 98,850

EX: 812 |||| TU: 792 |||| EQ: 792 (As of Apr. 28, 2022)

Message 7 of 9
howellco2
Frequent Contributor

I applied for Amazon card got a store card with 300 limit 12 months later it's now 10k ... same as lowes 500 limit now its 12k sync dont seem to hate me like discover lol only 300 increase

MAJOR BANK CARDS Amex BC 15k, Amex CM 1500, Amex Delta 1k, BB&T Travel 4500, BBVA 6900, CAP1QS 2600, Discover 3300, Marvel MC 6000, Wells Fargo CR 4500, Blispay 2k
CREDIT UNION CARDS DCU 2k , Robbins 10k, United1st 5k
STORE CARDS Amazon 10k, Home Depot 5k, PayPal 4k, Walmart 6k, Lowes 12k
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm. 🤔
You Sirs speak much in the way of wisdom.
Maybe my seeking approval from the Amazon Prime is like me seeking the approval from Amazon Chase, or my mother, etc.
I just need to chillax-ify my juju and think "I like me, and that's enough." 😅
Plus, there's enough backdoor numbers to call if I feel dissatisfied with any uncool decisions to help ease me off the cliff a little ...
and then turn around and rip those CSRs a new phone hole for making me call them in the first place!
Yes!
Yes, indeed. 😁
Much thankness! 🙋‍♀️🧘‍♀️✌
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.