Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this some sort of joke?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is this some sort of joke?!

Some collections are paid some aren’t. All of the COs are paid but two of them still show balances on my credit report. I did offer to provide proof of payment on those in my recon letter.
Message 31 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, the excitement has faded and reality is setting in. I still haven’t seen the account populate in online banking so I decided to call. They can’t see anywhere that the application was approved. I read her the approval message and it’s being escalated. I have to call back on Monday or Tuesday. Sounding like it was a joke after all Smiley Sad
Message 32 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

My account took 4 days to show up on my Navy account. I applied on a Thursday and it wasn't available until the following Tuesday. Fingers are crossed for you and keep us posted!

Message 33 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can check the status of the application on the NFCU website. Look it up and see what it lists as the status of your application.
Message 34 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I’m more concerned about it still showing as declined on their end.
Message 35 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditSweeper,

The status still says declined but that’s also where I’m looking at the message with that application number that says it’s approved.
Message 36 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also weird is that I don’t have an inquiry on any of the bureaus. I have no clue what’s going on.
Message 37 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Without an inquiry, I would be shocked if there is an approval. Haven’t heard of a SP NFCU card approval. Hopefully they get it figured out soon for you and you get the card in the end. 

Message 38 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Following to see what happened!

Message 39 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

So after weeks of waiting I finally called. I had to send in screenshots of the approval message because they couldn’t locate any info. After it being escalated multiple times they determined I was denied for the card because I already have 3 cards with them. I’m not eligible for a new card until at least one of the closed cards has a zero balance. They offered no explanation for the approval message I received. So turns out it was a sick joke.

During this time I also messaged about my secured card that I have now had for a year, use regularly and PIF every month, and they said it’s been reviewed and they still won’t unsecure it. Another slap in the face.

The only good things out of this...they didn’t pull my credit so there’s no inquiry from this, and my FICO is now up to 640. So I’ll just pay off the closed card, wait a bit longer and try again.

Bummed that I couldn’t offer a happy ending to this story, but it truly was too good to be true. I am feeling pretty disappointed with NFCU now though because of it all.
Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.