Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this some sort of joke?!

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Is this some sort of joke?!

I think, you would have been approved if you didn't have those 2 cards with a balance. Probably an error because of the way those 2 accounts are in their system.

Message 41 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So after weeks of waiting I finally called. I had to send in screenshots of the approval message because they couldn’t locate any info. After it being escalated multiple times they determined I was denied for the card because I already have 3 cards with them. I’m not eligible for a new card until at least one of the closed cards has a zero balance. They offered no explanation for the approval message I received. So turns out it was a sick joke.

During this time I also messaged about my secured card that I have now had for a year, use regularly and PIF every month, and they said it’s been reviewed and they still won’t unsecure it. Another slap in the face.

The only good things out of this...they didn’t pull my credit so there’s no inquiry from this, and my FICO is now up to 640. So I’ll just pay off the closed card, wait a bit longer and try again.

Bummed that I couldn’t offer a happy ending to this story, but it truly was too good to be true. I am feeling pretty disappointed with NFCU now though because of it all.

Unfortunately NFCU won’t let you have more than 3 cards at a time with them period. Many here have tried and failed. Sorry that you had to go through all of this to find out. 

Message 42 of 43
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Bummed that I couldn’t offer a happy ending to this story, but it truly was too good to be true. I am feeling pretty disappointed with NFCU now though because of it all.

I'm sure that you are, and I would be too.

Don't give up, and don't give up on Navy.  Get one of those closed accounts paid off and try again!

Good luck!

...and THANK YOU for the update!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 43 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.