Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Cap One CLI via the web

tag
vic6string
Regular Contributor

Issues with Cap One CLI via the web

So, a few weeks ago (maybe a couple of months...not even sure right now) I requested a CLI for my Cap One QS on line. It didn't give me an answer either way, and I believe it said it would send me a response. Well, I have heard nothing back from them, and now that I think about it, I believe this happened with them a few months ago on this card too and I never got an answer for that one either. I know I am doing it correctly because I did the same thing on my Savor One card and got the increase. Has anyone else ever had tis happen? This QS is a product changed Platinum (PC done about a year ago) with 4k limit. I will be trying again, but just curious if this is a known issue.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Re: Issues with Cap One CLI via the web

Have you checked online in your statements and documents section? It should have your response in there. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 2 of 19
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Have you looked in "View Online Documents"?

Message 3 of 19
blindambition
Senior Contributor

There's a section for statements and documents. It can be found on web and app. Decision and reasons will be there. GL

Message 4 of 19
vic6string
Regular Contributor

I knew I'd get an answer here. Don't know why I didn't think of looking there. My "recent use of existing credit line is too low". Guess $600-1000 per month isn't enough to bump up past 4k for them. Last decline was Feb 8th so I may try one last time this week but after that my usage is going way down since I am getting a new BB&T card that will take over most of the spend I put on that card now (cable/internet and cell phone which is about 600 per month). 

Message 5 of 19
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@vic6string wrote:

I knew I'd get an answer here. Don't know why I didn't think of looking there. My "recent use of existing credit line is too low". Guess $600-1000 per month isn't enough to bump up past 4k for them. Last decline was Feb 8th so I may try one last time this week but after that my usage is going way down since I am getting a new BB&T card that will take over most of the spend I put on that card now (cable/internet and cell phone which is about 600 per month). 

I remember getting a notice awhile ago. It stated less would be sent by mail.

Unless your using at least 50% of limit for minimum 3 months, I wouldn't count on CLI.

Message 6 of 19
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:

Here's a good read.

The Capital one standard $3000 max credit limit increase how to get it. 

That's a good way to get your card shut down. Capital One doesn't look kindly on people who abuse their no fee BTs. 

Message 8 of 19
vic6string
Regular Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

@vic6string wrote:

I remember getting a notice awhile ago. It stated less would be sent by mail.

Unless your using at least 50% of limit for minimum 3 months, I wouldn't count on CLI

Funny thing is, I don't put very much more spend on my Savor One card (probably avg 800-1300) which had a slightly higher limit (5k) and they just gave me a 3k bump up. I don't pay interest on either of them, but I do tend to have a higher balance on the Savor card at statement time just because of how the due dates fall. Maybe their algorithm looks at statement balances along with (or instead of) actual usage. My QS is usually paid in full or close to it before the statement is cut. 

Message 9 of 19
vic6string
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

Here's a good read.

The Capital one standard $3000 max credit limit increase how to get it. 

That's a good way to get your card shut down. Capital One doesn't look kindly on people who abuse their no fee BTs. 

Just read the thread. I agree Cap One may look down on that. Regardless, I don't really have anything to BT anyway. I only put stuff on my cards that I can pay off in full by end of month, and I pay all my cards incrementally throughout the month....usually 3-4 payments per card per month.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.