tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Issues with Cap One CLI via the web

@vic6string wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

Here's a good read.

The Capital one standard $3000 max credit limit increase how to get it. 

That's a good way to get your card shut down. Capital One doesn't look kindly on people who abuse their no fee BTs. 

Just read the thread. I agree Cap One may look down on that. Regardless, I don't really have anything to BT anyway. I only put stuff on my cards that I can pay off in full by end of month, and I pay all my cards incrementally throughout the month....usually 3-4 payments per card per month.

Wise choice. I would not recommend abusing the BTs.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vic6string wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

Here's a good read.

The Capital one standard $3000 max credit limit increase how to get it. 

That's a good way to get your card shut down. Capital One doesn't look kindly on people who abuse their no fee BTs. 

Just read the thread. I agree Cap One may look down on that. Regardless, I don't really have anything to BT anyway. I only put stuff on my cards that I can pay off in full by end of month, and I pay all my cards incrementally throughout the month....usually 3-4 payments per card per month.

That's likely why you're not getting a CLI. Cap is one of those lenders that seems to go by statement balances for CLIs. Their algorithm likely assumes if you don't let it hit the statement that you don't need more. 

Message 12 of 19
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Op, Ive had a card sitting prob 2 years at 5300. Hadnt budged since I was using other cards that better suited my needs. Over the last 3 months, I ran about 4k thru it and paid in full. Today, a 2k sp cli. A lot depends on how you use and pay with cap1 to get those cli's.

Message 13 of 19
AllZero
Mega Contributor

^ Congratulations on your CLI!

Message 14 of 19
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Thanks @AllZero. Getting set up for the one I really want. Just biding my time. Settle for 15 hoping for 25. Back to azeo here and just waiting on updates to bureaus to hit. Then I will be running with the big dogs! Then I will hold out for a bit. Maybe do a new ride for xmas.

Message 15 of 19
AllZero
Mega Contributor

^ Good luck on your future application!

Hope you get a good deal on a new set of wheels when the time is right.
Message 16 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Good luck with whatever you decide OP Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Traveler101 wrote:

Op, Ive had a card sitting prob 2 years at 5300. Hadnt budged since I was using other cards that better suited my needs. Over the last 3 months, I ran about 4k thru it and paid in full. Today, a 2k sp cli. A lot depends on how you use and pay with cap1 to get those cli's.

Congratulations on your CLI! 👍

Message 18 of 19
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@vic6string wrote:

@blindambition wrote:

@vic6string wrote:

I knew I'd get an answer here. Don't know why I didn't think of looking there. My "recent use of existing credit line is too low". Guess $600-1000 per month isn't enough to bump up past 4k for them. Last decline was Feb 8th so I may try one last time this week but after that my usage is going way down since I am getting a new BB&T card that will take over most of the spend I put on that card now (cable/internet and cell phone which is about 600 per month). 

I remember getting a notice awhile ago. It stated less would be sent by mail.

Unless your using at least 50% of limit for minimum 3 months, I wouldn't count on CLI

Funny thing is, I don't put very much more spend on my Savor One card (probably avg 800-1300) which had a slightly higher limit (5k) and they just gave me a 3k bump up. I don't pay interest on either of them, but I do tend to have a higher balance on the Savor card at statement time just because of how the due dates fall. Maybe their algorithm looks at statement balances along with (or instead of) actual usage. My QS is usually paid in full or close to it before the statement is cut. 

You can change due dates online with cap1. All my cards fall between the 4th and 10th. All Cap1's are the 4th. makes life easy. Or ever other payday. Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.