Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys app in store or online

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macys app in store or online

hi all,

Do i have a better chance of getting approved for macys card if i app in store as opposed to online, or does it matter?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Macys app in store or online

Don't think it matters, unless there is identity issues, it's easier to resolve in store. I will say Macy's does have a pretty screwed up website even after they supposedly redesigned it. When I applied online I had to call to confirm identity and it was approved but all in all it took less than 10 minutes. The real fun comes after your approved and try to set up and deal with your account online, it's a non stop party. Good Luck.
Message 2 of 15
ddemari
Super Contributor

Im on mobile so can't see you scorEs but if your ex is above 680 apply in store so you can get the Amex. Online only gets you the store card.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're only considered for the Macy's Amex if you apply in store.  Always best to do an in store app with these kinds of cards (same goes for Nordstrom and Saks).

Message 4 of 15
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

ty dd

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 15
ddemari
Super Contributor

Im prett positive That Instore apps can yield a major card
Or store card but for Macy's and Bloomingdales Instore is the only way to get Amex.
Message 6 of 15
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

hi all,

Do i have a better chance of getting approved for macys card if i app in store as opposed to online, or does it matter?

Doesnt make a difference if in store or online. Your credit will decide it. Its not like it is a very hard approval to begin with. So app and get it over with. They will give you $300 -$500 to begin with anyway. So do it online. No need to waste gas and time for a limit like that. But it will grow very quickyly anyway. I went from $300 to 12k in a year i believe.

Message 7 of 15
ddemari
Super Contributor

I went from 300 to 15000 in a year with Macy's.
Message 8 of 15
taxi818
Super Contributor

I hear all of them talking about the Amex version. I actually canceled it as it was unimpressive. 3k limit only and a seperate tradeline. So op may as well take the store card. It would be much higher limit and get all the Macy discounts. The Amex version is high interest and useless.

Message 9 of 15
Pway
Valued Contributor

I recently did my app in store.  I was shopping for some new cologne.  Like others have posted if you are looking to get approved for the Amex, app in store but for the store card you can do it online.  My starting line was 600.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.