Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@CommanderCody wrote:
Just had a quick question. I think I've seen that shifting some limit from one NFCU card to another resets the CLI clock. Do you have to wait 6 months after a CLI to shift limit to the same card?

My Mr is coming up on 6 months. It started with only 1k and from what I've read I only expect to maybe move up to 3k. Really would like it to be more and considering moving some of my CR limit.

Just looking for advice, suggestions, experiences, etc.

Thanks

Any credit limit increase or decrease will make you ineligible for a CLI for 6 months so both the donor card and receiving card get reset each time you move limits around. 

Message 10191 of 17,187
CommanderCody
New Contributor

Gotcha, either way will reset the clock. That's kinda what I thought the answer would be. Thanks for the help @Saeren.
Message 10192 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem!

I wasn’t advised of this upfront so I don’t want anyone to get stuck like I did. Neither of my cards is eligible until 8/20 because of my reallocation 2/20 when I opened my Platinum in December so I’m way past 91/3. 

Message 10193 of 17,187
Jccflat
Established Contributor

What’s my chance been approved for a third card with nfcu ?
My first card was approved March platinum
$20,600
90 days later went for the second card flagship 25k
Now in sep I will be 91 days from second do I have a shot for a third card with nfcu ?

TU is Fico 771
my Equifax does have a collection form a old SSI balance that was added recently
But to my luck it’s not on TU so I guess I am good for nfcu in this part .
1% utilization
DTI Zero
4 inq
Average age 2 years almost
I have also 2 AU cards all in good standing
And the 2 nfcu I own
Income 145k

Message 10194 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

With your income and previous high approvals, probably good. I think 80k is now max in total cc exposure so you still have some room. Good luck.
Message 10195 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife's first NFCU card graduated in February and she's still at that credit line.  She was denied a CLI last month but was approved for a Cash Rewards card the same day.  Does the 91/3 clock reset when approved for a second card?  Would she be able to request a CLI on the first card?  If so is it a SP or a HP?

Message 10196 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My wife's first NFCU card graduated in February and she's still at that credit line.  She was denied a CLI last month but was approved for a Cash Rewards card the same day.  Does the 91/3 clock reset when approved for a second card?  Would she be able to request a CLI on the first card?  If so is it a SP or a HP?

IME, the card are independant of themselves so a new card or CLI does not effect the other cards you have.  She should still be able to request a CLI and always expect the HP and be surprised if it's SP but it's usually not.  Navy loves their HP's 

Message 10197 of 17,187
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous 

What were the reasons for the denial? 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 10198 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I hate Navy! I think my TU has like 7 or 8 hps from them lol. I flag SHIP you not🤯
Message 10199 of 17,187
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I flap SHIP you not🤯

That was epic...  touche' good sir!

Message 10200 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.