cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards


@MrZero wrote:

So today is supposed to be the day I was going for card number two since my fourth (3rd full) statement cut today and I'm at 96 days but the prequal tool is telling me I'm not eligible and even though pre-qualifying isn't a guarantee I still think I'm going hold off before apping until I see something pop up on it. Did put in for a CLI increase so I'll see how that goes.

 

Also, yep, pulled my FICO8 scores today and my EQ9 is now higher than EQ8 and also EX doesn't seem to be taking AU into account for my AAoA anymore. Also my TU8 score that I got from Discover last month is 14 points higher than what was pulled today. O_o


@MrZero 

 

For what it's worth the prequal showed me nothing at 91/3, but I applied anyhow and got the More Rewards at the lowest APR and a 12.5k SL.  More time definitely won't hurt, so you do what you think is best.  Just wanted to point out that the tool isn't really accurate.









Message 13911 of 15,247
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards


@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Mv350 wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Mv350 

"

7/3/2020 requested 3x CLI for my Platinum VISA. 

 

7/5/2020 Approved for the increase, 1k is now 3k"

 

When you make the request - is an exact amount asked? i.e did you request $3K and you could have asked for more? (I know 3X is usually the amount approved, but I am wondering how it transpired)


I requested 3k, I've been reading that 3x is usually what is granted. So that's all I asked for. I'm still trying for a 2nd car, so I didn't wanna ruin my max exposure for the next card.


@Mv350, A 2nd car? Smiley Very Happy


Oof 🤦‍♂️ 2nd card!

Message 13912 of 15,247
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards


@FICOPath wrote:

any one requesting over $25k total limit per card and being approved for SP CLI's Smiley Happy


I have a single NFCU CashRewards card at 30K and a NFCU CLOC at 15K.  Around a week ago, I requested a CLI for my CashRewards card to increase from 30K to 50K (I figured I would shoot for the stars so that I would not leave money on the table).  My limit was changed from 30K to 34.5K without a HP.  

 

What's funny for me is that I did not get any sort of email or message saying the change was approved.  The only way I knew it was approved was by looking at the limit change.

 

I'll take it, and I'll see them again in 91 days.  Smiley LOL

Message 13913 of 15,247
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards


@RadioRob wrote:

@FICOPath wrote:

any one requesting over $25k total limit per card and being approved for SP CLI's Smiley Happy


I have a single NFCU CashRewards card at 30K and a NFCU CLOC at 15K.  Around a week ago, I requested a CLI for my CashRewards card to increase from 30K to 50K (I figured I would shoot for the stars so that I would not leave money on the table).  My limit was changed from 30K to 34.5K without a HP.  

 

What's funny for me is that I did not get any sort of email or message saying the change was approved.  The only way I knew it was approved was by looking at the limit change.

 

I'll take it, and I'll see them again in 91 days.  Smiley LOL


@RadioRob you don't have to wait the 6 months between CLIs? Or is that for a new card?



Message 13914 of 15,247
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

I most likely do, but that won't stop me from trying with a SP. Smiley LOL

 

Chances are they deny at 90 and I'll add another 90 since trying does not reset the clock so to speak. 

Message 13915 of 15,247
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards


@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:

@MrZero wrote:

So today is supposed to be the day I was going for card number two since my fourth (3rd full) statement cut today and I'm at 96 days but the prequal tool is telling me I'm not eligible and even though pre-qualifying isn't a guarantee I still think I'm going hold off before apping until I see something pop up on it. Did put in for a CLI increase so I'll see how that goes.

 

Also, yep, pulled my FICO8 scores today and my EQ9 is now higher than EQ8 and also EX doesn't seem to be taking AU into account for my AAoA anymore. Also my TU8 score that I got from Discover last month is 14 points higher than what was pulled today. O_o


@MrZero 

 

For what it's worth the prequal showed me nothing at 91/3, but I applied anyhow and got the More Rewards at the lowest APR and a 12.5k SL.  More time definitely won't hurt, so you do what you think is best.  Just wanted to point out that the tool isn't really accurate.


 

I might still do it after I find out the fate of my CLI request.

Updated 9/25/20.



Total Inquiries: EX: 3|TU: 4|EQ: 2
Derogs: 0
AAoA: 2Yr 11Mo on EQ, 4Yr 6Mo TU&EX with AUs, 6 months without.
AoOA: Not counting AU 9 Mo.
AoYA: Opened 7/10/20.
Total CL: 14,500
Utilization: ~1%

Message 13916 of 15,247
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards


@MrZero wrote:

@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:

@MrZero wrote:

So today is supposed to be the day I was going for card number two since my fourth (3rd full) statement cut today and I'm at 96 days but the prequal tool is telling me I'm not eligible and even though pre-qualifying isn't a guarantee I still think I'm going hold off before apping until I see something pop up on it. Did put in for a CLI increase so I'll see how that goes.

 

Also, yep, pulled my FICO8 scores today and my EQ9 is now higher than EQ8 and also EX doesn't seem to be taking AU into account for my AAoA anymore. Also my TU8 score that I got from Discover last month is 14 points higher than what was pulled today. O_o


@MrZero 

 

For what it's worth the prequal showed me nothing at 91/3, but I applied anyhow and got the More Rewards at the lowest APR and a 12.5k SL.  More time definitely won't hurt, so you do what you think is best.  Just wanted to point out that the tool isn't really accurate.


 

I might still do it after I find out the fate of my CLI request.


@MrZero 

 

Come back when you find that out.  The CLI request might result in you maxing your exposure and increase your odds for denial.  Depends on what you ask for and what they give you as a result, etc.  Folks who have experience might be able to give advice on your chances based on the results of the CLI.  Good luck!









Message 13917 of 15,247
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards


@MrZero wrote:

So today is supposed to be the day I was going for card number two since my fourth (3rd full) statement cut today and I'm at 96 days but the prequal tool is telling me I'm not eligible and even though pre-qualifying isn't a guarantee I still think I'm going hold off before apping until I see something pop up on it. Did put in for a CLI increase so I'll see how that goes.

 

Also, yep, pulled my FICO8 scores today and my EQ9 is now higher than EQ8 and also EX doesn't seem to be taking AU into account for my AAoA anymore. Also my TU8 score that I got from Discover last month is 14 points higher than what was pulled today. O_o


@MrZero What do you mean that EX does not seem to be counting your AU in your AAOA anymore?

-Our Community’s updated scoring wisdom: Link to Scoring Primer.
-For Negative Reason Codes see: CassieCard’s Score Factors thread.
-ccquest’s workbook to calculate metrics for you: Link to Workbook.

Oct 2020 New Account Scorecard.Nov 2020, No New Account Scorecard (reassignment conflated with aging. EX9 not updated yet. Oldest/avg varies. Estimates above.)
Real world mortgage maxes are: EQ5-818, TU4-839, EX2-844.


RIP:
(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
Message 13918 of 15,247
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards


@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:

@MrZero wrote:

@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:

@MrZero wrote:

So today is supposed to be the day I was going for card number two since my fourth (3rd full) statement cut today and I'm at 96 days but the prequal tool is telling me I'm not eligible and even though pre-qualifying isn't a guarantee I still think I'm going hold off before apping until I see something pop up on it. Did put in for a CLI increase so I'll see how that goes.

 

Also, yep, pulled my FICO8 scores today and my EQ9 is now higher than EQ8 and also EX doesn't seem to be taking AU into account for my AAoA anymore. Also my TU8 score that I got from Discover last month is 14 points higher than what was pulled today. O_o


@MrZero 

 

For what it's worth the prequal showed me nothing at 91/3, but I applied anyhow and got the More Rewards at the lowest APR and a 12.5k SL.  More time definitely won't hurt, so you do what you think is best.  Just wanted to point out that the tool isn't really accurate.


 

I might still do it after I find out the fate of my CLI request.


@MrZero 

 

Come back when you find that out.  The CLI request might result in you maxing your exposure and increase your odds for denial.  Depends on what you ask for and what they give you as a result, etc.  Folks who have experience might be able to give advice on your chances based on the results of the CLI.  Good luck!



Thanks, something is currently going on with my card account and I can't get into my CR account info in the app and through their site, everything except activity is zeroes. I hope that's a sign something is updating and it's good news. My limit is $1,000, I only asked for $5,000 since it'll probably still be 3x at best and figured there was no point in asking higher, if I do get 3x I would hope that doesn't put me at max exposure. 😅
@Birdman7 wrote:

@MrZero wrote:

So today is supposed to be the day I was going for card number two since my fourth (3rd full) statement cut today and I'm at 96 days but the prequal tool is telling me I'm not eligible and even though pre-qualifying isn't a guarantee I still think I'm going hold off before apping until I see something pop up on it. Did put in for a CLI increase so I'll see how that goes.

 

Also, yep, pulled my FICO8 scores today and my EQ9 is now higher than EQ8 and also EX doesn't seem to be taking AU into account for my AAoA anymore. Also my TU8 score that I got from Discover last month is 14 points higher than what was pulled today. O_o


@MrZero What do you mean that EX does not seem to be counting your AU in your AAOA anymore?


I'm sure at least the open AU account is being factored into scoring but it's something I first noticed a month or so ago when checked my updated Experian score on Discover's Credit Scorecard site, it use to show my "Length of Credit" as being 12 years thanks to AU accounts being factored in but that has changed and now it shows "0 years" because none of my own accounts are a year old yet. If I log into my actual Discover account to check my TU score the 12 year length still shows up for that, my EX and TU reports have all the same info still. Same thing happens with Experian's site when I go to the "Score Ingredients" section for scores, for my current EX report it AAoA isn't factoring in AUs, while TU still does from the updated scores/reports I got Wednesday.

 

 

Updated 9/25/20.



Total Inquiries: EX: 3|TU: 4|EQ: 2
Derogs: 0
AAoA: 2Yr 11Mo on EQ, 4Yr 6Mo TU&EX with AUs, 6 months without.
AoOA: Not counting AU 9 Mo.
AoYA: Opened 7/10/20.
Total CL: 14,500
Utilization: ~1%

Message 13919 of 15,247
Super Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@Birdman7 wrote:

@MrZero What do you mean that EX does not seem to be counting your AU in your AAOA anymore?


I'm sure at least the open AU account is being factored into scoring but it's something I first noticed a month or so ago when checked my updated Experian score on Discover's Credit Scorecard site, it use to show my "Length of Credit" as being 12 years thanks to AU accounts being factored in but that has changed and now it shows "0 years" because none of my own accounts are a year old yet. If I log into my actual Discover account to check my TU score the 12 year length still shows up for that, my EX and TU reports have all the same info still. Same thing happens with Experian's site when I go to the "Score Ingredients" section for scores, for my current EX report it AAoA isn't factoring in AUs, while TU still does from the updated scores/reports I got Wednesday.

 

 


@MrZero Listen to me. You cannot rely on anything that the CMSs' frontends calculate for you, whether it's Discover, EX, CK, WH, MF, or any other CMS. The CMSs' frontends are good to view your credit data and  to get your scores and your negative reason codes. Everything else is what we call fluff, not too much better than what comes out of the rearend of bulls, IMHO.  

If you didn't do your own testing, your own calculations, and verify them by score changes or negative reason code shifts, then there's no way to be certain. 

Let me explain to you how this works and you'll understand. Fico gave the CMSs' developers a high-level outline of how the algorithm works. They did not give the nitty-gritty, the details, or the proprietary secrets. So, in implementing these frontends, the developers of these many CMSs made their best guesses as to how the algorithm actually works. Sometimes they got it right; many times they got it wrong.

 

E.g., if you've got $5 on only one revolver, what does your CMS tell you your utilization is? 0%, right? Well, if that's the case, you'd suffer the AZ penalty, but you don't, why not?

 

I will tell you why not. Because the CMSs' developers rounded down, but the fico algorithm rounds utilization up. Now riddle me this, do you think they got ages right? How many other things do you think might be suspect?

 

We've found numerous errors, that's why you can only rely on score shifts or negative reason code shifts or tightly designed tests. 

Just like the alerts substance not necessarily correlating to the reason for the point change that's tacked onto it. 

If you want to know whether the authorized user account is being included by the score 8 and 9 algorithms, execute the test described in the Scoring Primer linked at the top of my signature. Then you'll know whether or not it's counting for sure.

-Our Community’s updated scoring wisdom: Link to Scoring Primer.
-For Negative Reason Codes see: CassieCard’s Score Factors thread.
-ccquest’s workbook to calculate metrics for you: Link to Workbook.

Oct 2020 New Account Scorecard.Nov 2020, No New Account Scorecard (reassignment conflated with aging. EX9 not updated yet. Oldest/avg varies. Estimates above.)
Real world mortgage maxes are: EQ5-818, TU4-839, EX2-844.


RIP:
(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
Message 13920 of 15,247
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.