Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Rewards MasterCard

tag
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

PayPal Rewards MasterCard

I keep getting invitations on applying for their Rewards MasterCard weekly almost. Can anyone tell me if the credit card is worth applying for. And what scores do you need to get approved. And are they generous with their SL. Any intel would be greatly appreciated. I’ve been on a app spree last month so I’m not sure it would be worth it. My current Fico 8 scores are as follows EX-650/ EQ-715/ TU-670. My AAoA is 7years 6months and my oldest is 18 years. Well interesting side note here. I just clicked on the apply now tab and it stated we’re unable to process your application for the PayPal MasterCard. If your responding to a preapproval offer, you will be provided with additional info. Anyone know what that means?
NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 10,000 | Discover 17,000 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=757 | EX=760 | TU=771scores and CL current as of 08/22/22 AAoA years 6 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: PayPal Rewards MasterCard

Yeah, I keep getting them as well. I received the same messages. Until tonight, now the site allows me to apply if I want to.
I did open a different PayPal account using a separate email address.

Synchrony is fairly generous with CLIs, even if the SL starts low.
I had the Extras PayPal card until last August. I thought that's why I wasn't allowed to apply for the 2% CB version.
When used as back up funding for the PayPal debit card. You effectively get 3% cash back.
Message 2 of 9
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

Great intel back. I’ll just sit on it and see what happens. Like I stated in first thread I’ve been on a app spree lately so I may just garden for awhile.
NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 10,000 | Discover 17,000 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=757 | EX=760 | TU=771scores and CL current as of 08/22/22 AAoA years 6 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for this card and the Marvel card the same day with a Fico8 TU 742 with a ton of new accounts and inq’s and was instant approved for the PayPal Card $10K SL. I’ve had a PayPal account and PayPal credit for as long as I can remember.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The key with Sync is a high TU. 

I asked for the Amazon Store Card with a 652 TU8 on 12/30 and got a $1800 limit. 

I got my TU8 to 706 and went for the PayPal Cashback on 1/12 and got an instant $8K. 

Keep in mind that there are limitations to this card. First off, everything has to be managed through the PayPal site or app. Unlike Synchrony’s store cards, there isn’t a direct site to log in to, you get redirected there from PayPal. This gets tedious when you’re obsessive about checking balances like I am, especially since this card doesn’t give transaction notifications and neither does PayPal. 

However it’s a 2% card with no gimmicks to get your cash and if you app for this then upgrade to business and order the Business Debit and set this card as the funding source, you get 3% on any purchases you make which pretty much can’t be beaten. 

Message 5 of 9
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

Thanks very much for the intel. I’m not sure what I’m going to do about the invitation. My Fico 8 TU is currently at 711.
Message 6 of 9
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

OP--If you're going to get one of the 2 PayPal MCs--get the 2% one. I have the Extras and that's only b/c it was an upgrade from my old Smart Connect card. But the point rewards on the Extras card aren't that good. For example if you use the points to buy gift cards--the points are only worth about .6cpp or it takes about 8000 pts. to get a $50 gift card (Not a very good deal) while most other point systems are 1 cpp.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 7 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sync invitations to apply are more or less marketing. After getting my $300 PPMC 2% Card, i still see offers and banners to get the card. Go more or less off how your credit looks and very much your TU score. Do note Synchrony has been pulling Ex on several occasions lately and imo, the new Sync does actually care about your overall credit. Msny people get huge sl while others like me get peanuts . Could be exposure, income, or various other reasons . One wont know until they pull trigger.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The mrs. applied a few months ago for the PP credit line and was approved for $2k.
She also applied for the Ebay Extras Mastercard and was approved for $2,500.00.

While I applied for PP credit and was denied, I also applied for the Ebay Mastercard and approved for $700.00.
I think it depends on how long you have a credit history.

More importantly I think it depends on how much a particular vendor is willing to under write the potential debt.
Example Lowes have been very generous in CLI's, while my Anne Taylor Loft, as well as a few other store cards have been tight.

Of course it matters in how profitable a store is doing in the market, not only in the stock trading, but also in real world patrons.
Lowes is nailing it in business traffic/purchases, while the Taylor stores are showing decline in sales.
Of course this always happens when a business starts to over capitalise their value in goods or services.
If they refuse to make proper adjustments they lose traffic. Usually this happens when a public traded company has a select handful of board members that hold extraordinary amounbts of shares, thus a conflict of ownership, and greed that prevents them from reducing their selling price out of fear of devaluing their prestige.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.