Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pen Fed Application

tag
texasman07
Established Contributor

Pen Fed Application

Hi Friends. I am a PenFed member with 2 of their cc. I applied for a gold visa and got a screen that said “finish setting up your account “ and it asked me about balance transfers and AU.

Then the next screen states “YOUR ALL SET!” And below that it states “application pending”.

I’m so confused . Approval or denials ?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

Re: Pen Fed Application

PenFed is a bit on the slow side but I would say you probably have an approval there. Call them on monday if its not done yet and im sure they can give you and update. Best of luck.

Message 2 of 7
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

It means it’s pending. It can go either way, I have been approved and also denied with the same verbiage.
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 7
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

PenFed is odd.

Every time I knew I was approved, I was denied.

Every time I knew I would denied, I was approved.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@texasman07 wrote:
... Then the next screen states “YOUR ALL SET!” 

I hope you copied that wrong. I'd hate to have to cancel my accounts.

Message 5 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I find this just their normal process. You have to set up whether you want AU or balance transfer before they decide the app so i just look at this as part of the application. I agree the way its worded gives you hope but ive been disappointed plenty after seeing thatSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your application has gone to manual underwriting; happens with many PenFed apps so its not unusual.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.