cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pending AMEX Application

tag
Dizzyskyline1

Pending AMEX Application

I applied for AMEX Green card 2 days ago and it went to the 14 day message. When I check today it says -- Please check back on this site in 24 hours

I was just approved for a AMEX Blue business card with 4k cl. 

This afternoon I get an alert that there was a hard inquiry on my Experian account (the 2nd inquiry in a week) - I"m guessing 1 inquiry for the Business card app and the 2nd inquiry for the personal card? 

I have been on the AMEX blacklist since burning them on 2 cards about 10 years ago. I have applied 2x a year for the past 5 years and this is the first time they actually pulled my credit. Every other time was an immediate rejection due to my previous business relationship with them.

Is the 24 hour notice a good sign? It's still pending!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Pending AMEX Application

Hi @Dizzyskyline1 and welcome to the forums.

The results of the 14-day message can go in either direction.  You can periodically check the status of the application online until a decision is made. 

And, yes one HPs is likely expected for each application.  The system may consider you as a new, re-established cardmember (post-blacklist) even if you had a prior relationship.   Chances are your AmEx BBP card will display the Member Since date based on when you had your first AmEx.

Message 2 of 13
Dizzyskyline1

Yes!  the business card says Member since 2004. 

Hopefully the 24 hour message changes to approval!  

Message 3 of 13
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

If they pulled your credit in this case it’s a good sign. I think you will be approved.
Message 4 of 13
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Good luck !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!!
Message 6 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Dizzyskyline1 wrote:

Yes!  the business card says Member since 2004. 

Hopefully the 24 hour message changes to approval!  

Keep us posted.

Message 7 of 13
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

I agree. The hard pull probably means you are no longer automatically disqualified.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied on Nov 21 and still am getting that message too! 

They did a hard pull on my EX also. 

I think I am almost over it now. 

Message 9 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Dizzyskyline1 wrote:

I applied for AMEX Green card 2 days ago and it went to the 14 day message. When I check today it says -- Please check back on this site in 24 hours

I was just approved for a AMEX Blue business card with 4k cl. 

This afternoon I get an alert that there was a hard inquiry on my Experian account (the 2nd inquiry in a week) - I"m guessing 1 inquiry for the Business card app and the 2nd inquiry for the personal card? 

I have been on the AMEX blacklist since burning them on 2 cards about 10 years ago. I have applied 2x a year for the past 5 years and this is the first time they actually pulled my credit. Every other time was an immediate rejection due to my previous business relationship with them.

Is the 24 hour notice a good sign? It's still pending!

Any News?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.