Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Discover CLI

tag
C6
Regular Contributor

Question about Discover CLI

When requesting a Discover credit limit increase do they use an exiting soft pull they have on file or do they do a fresh pull at time of application?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Question about Discover CLI

@C6 wrote:

When requesting a Discover credit limit increase do they use an exiting soft pull they have on file or do they do a fresh pull at time of application?

From memory, they use existing scores (it has been years since I last requested a CLI from them) 

Message 2 of 15
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@C6 wrote:

I should know this, as I recently asked for [and received] a CLI on Discover....but I don't! I would *guess* that they need current data--but as long as it's a soft pull, it shouldn't matter, right?

You can easily get a definitive answer by asking Discover. They're very friendly and helpful!

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 3 of 15
mgood
Valued Contributor

I've requested a bunch of times and been approved a few times. They've always been soft pulls. They ask for income and how much I pay for rent each time.

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 771, TU8 766, EX8 775 as of March 28
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE5 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 2/6, 4/12, 6/24
Message 4 of 15
Reviewers
Established Contributor

It's a soft pulls not hard inquirity and they just ask for income and how much you pay in rent that's about it.

Message 5 of 15
micvite
Frequent Contributor

@C6 wrote:

they use the soft pull they have on file. it updates when the "credit score card" updates

Ex: 742, TU: 726, EQ: 733 03/31/2021
Discover it cashback: $10900
Citi DC: $13000
WF Propel: closed 2k
Amex BCED: $3000
Amex Gold: $NPSL
Amex Plat: NPSL
Cap1 QS: $3200
Cap1 VX $50k
VS CC: $2900
Kohls: $3000
Synchrony car care: $3000
citi best buy visa: $8500
Message 6 of 15
MunchieMom
Established Member

Super easy. Gave it a shot... 1k CLI increase. If accepted, they give you the credit immediately but it takes a few days for the app to catch up on screen.

Message 7 of 15
Reviewers
Established Contributor

@MunchieMom Congratulations on your Discover CLI!

Message 8 of 15
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@C6 wrote:

Existing soft pull.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 9 of 15
Herestohoping19
New Contributor

I tested this just recently prior to pulling my annual report and it would appear they use an existing soft pull as there was not a new soft pull listed as far as I can tell. Just figured id share that info as always YMMV and this is just what happened to me.

Starting Score: 600
Current Score: 702
Goal Score: 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.