Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP CLI Cards?

tag
ZackAttack
Established Contributor

Re: SP CLI Cards?

I joined DCU by in June/July 2020. I only kept them for the 6% APY on $1k sitting in a savings account. When it was October, I had some expenses coming up so I decided to look at the pre-qual tool. The only thing that showed up as SP was a $1k quick loan @ 10%. No thx ... I did a personal loan for $8,000 and got 5.99% APR on it instantly (Lucky me for checking account bonus relationship). 

Halfway down the month, I applied for the DCU Plat @ 8.5% APR with 8,000 and got it instantly. The only problem DCU was that it did a computer glitch in the prequal tool where it did code it as a rewards card and not a plat. I had to talk with an agent who got it settled straight.

MSGCU Rewards | $8kDiscover Cash It | $10kAmex BCP | $15kBest Buy Visa | $20kChase Freedom Flex | $8kDCU Platinum | $8kNFCU Plat | $35kNFCU cashRewards | $24kAffinity FCU Cash Rewards | $7kAmazon Prime | 12.5kChase Unlimited | 16.4kUSAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex | 10kAmex Business Cash | 10k

Loans
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/22/2023 ($299/month)
Closed
Michigan Schools & Gov't CU Titanium 1/4/2019 - 10/2/2020
Ford Credit Car Loan 3-year 7/31/2018-6/6/2021
$1,500 Discover Card 10/2/2020 - 8/18/2021
$3,500 Citi DC 10/14/2020 - 12/11/2021
$8,000 DCU Personal Loan 5-year 5.99% 10/2/2020 - 4/30/2021
$8,000 NFCU CashRewards 1/2/2021 - 7/30/2022
$5,000 MSGCU Personal Loan 3-year 7.75% 4/22/2022 - 10/30/2022
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/7/2021 - 6/22/2023
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous You may have just solved a household debate and mystery!!! My boyfriend, Benny, who is along on this ride with me (we started building from a blank slate together in March), (side note, we are different in the applying aspect... He's applied for 20+ accounts, me about 4-5... Lol) but recently he was denied by UNIFY, and two other CU's -- for Chex Systems... I personally was like 😱😱😱 and immediately RAN to pull his Chex Systems report -- scared to death of some overdrawn account we abandony... But it was 100% blank -- except for a zillion CU pulls... So is THAT the mystery?!? He's flagged? How do we unflag him? I love that you've helped us with this... I was so perplexed...

Message 22 of 25
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous  Time will heal his chex inquiries. At this point, he should probably go for DCU or other CUs that use EWS instead of Chex. I'm sure there is a post here somewhere that lists which banks pull Chex vs EWS. 

Actually, I don't think DCU did either since they pulled EQ 5. I vote DCU for both of you. I don't think you will be disappointed. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 23 of 25
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous    You can't really be mad at NFCU tho' since they do ask you provide that when you open it just so you are covered if you do or ever are audited?!     I love them and I am super glad I have them as are a lot of people they will start you out smaller but they grow really well and I've never had a hiccup with them even.    

The plan to wait til April sounds great 

Amex is not necessarily "New Credit" friendly but they do like higher scores and low UTL pretty much like everyone else (I only mention them because of the SP factor) Smiley Very Happy

Chase was my fastest growing card actually they love HEAVY spend and BIG payments so if that's not your cup of tea to want to grow it then I would stick with NAVY or maybe DISCO (I'm new to DISCO myself so I can't speak on them to much right now) 

No idea on BOA I honestly had a bad experience with them so I will let someone else speak on them 

No idea on PendFED

But we have LOTS of posts here or if you don't see one that answers your question then you can post specific ones on BOA or PENFED to help you with people that have a lot of experience with them.    

Message 24 of 25
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

$2500...Yes I took it since it was a soft pull. My credit is frozen. They soft pulled my credit on the 10th.

Congratulations on your SP CLI Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.