Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Trick is BS!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shopping Cart Trick is BS!!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok I am really confused!!! How did you get a home loan through the SCT?????  What about W2 and paystubs???

Corlaney: Creditcontractor has a fun sense of humor; however, for those who do not know his comments can be taken the wrong way and even be confusing.

Sometimes I feel as if the joking comments are a way to add flair but then I also worry that it can spread confusion and misinformation.

As for how people get Visa's or Mastercard's via the SCT, some stores have both a plane store card and a co-branded store card. An example of this is Williams Sonoma they have a Store Card and a Visa. both issued by Comenity. 

I believe it depends on your credit score and profile in regards to whether you will get a pop-up for the store card or co-brand. I would imagine you do not meet Comenity's standards for a Mastercard/visa or you would be getting the pop-up offering you them.

Message 41 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

made sure all popups were disabled, added $2500 into my cart, checked out as guest, I did check to become a member, then entered my info, they then gave me the preeapporved Visa choice, I accepted, enter my birth, last 4 and income.

I said MC, but they were both VISA's.Sportsman.JPG

Message 42 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which card went from 350 clip to 29.5 and how?
Message 43 of 46
MacRoadie
Contributor

Needed a new china hutch, so went to Overstock to see what they had. Found one I liked and added it to my cart, got the offer for preapproved credit line on 10/24. Plugged in last 4 and got a $6,000 CL. Completed the transaction (because I really did need the hutch) and just for fun I clicked the love button this morning at got a CLI for $800. No HP's so far on any bureau. 

FICO 8 (7/24/19) EX: 682, EQ: 701, TU: 700

FICO 8 (10/14/19) EX: 710, EQ: 711, TU: 709
Message 44 of 46
joltdude
Senior Contributor

There once was a time when the SCT trick could be used to build credit with a handful of cards at once requiring just minimal purchases and use... and the CLIs would come....... These days theres too much AA and it isnt really a reliable method.... the cards themseves are meh... but if you find one or two useful.. you could go for it. but the days of 5+ SCT cards in a short period of time with ever increasing CLIs are mostly history...... Frankly there are much more reliable methods these days... In general I passed on SCT cards.... if i have a use for one. i might pick it up but currently have no intentions of dealing with Comenity....

-J

Message 45 of 46
MacRoadie
Contributor

Did SCT for Williams Sonoma (actually need stuff for Thanksgiving at the house and ex took most of the dinnerware and service). Was approved for $2,000. Just received card, registered it, and hit the Luv button to see what would happen. $800 CLI. CL now $2,800.

I have a pretty high income but crap FICO resulting from forced Chp 13 to extricate some pretty entangled finances. That may be the reason. Paid 100% to all unsecured creditors and every penny of mortgages and car loans so I’m hopeful that reflects positively. All closed accounts show 100% paid.

Update 11/10: I'm in the garden, but couldn't resist the Siren's Song to click for some luv after some needed kitchenware shopping and voila: another $800 added to the CL for total CL of $3,600.00. Back to tending the garden.

FICO 8 (7/24/19) EX: 682, EQ: 701, TU: 700

FICO 8 (10/14/19) EX: 710, EQ: 711, TU: 709
Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.