tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: The BarclayCard CLI Soft Pull thread

@Anonymous wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

Don't worry, Nixon will get it next month! SOFT PULL AND ALL!

Well yeah. I am in fact expecting a 6 month CLI in May.

Are you gardening currently? Or do you not do that?

Yep. Got my 30 day chip yesterday.

One month max, neither of us have much will power..  You can afford a TU or EQ pull, come on Nixon!Smiley Tongue

Message 71 of 503
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Here's my story.

My SP CLI came as a result of calling Barclays 24/7 recon line when trying to get my APR reduced on my card. They didn't have any lower rates for me but I did ask them for a CLI and they said I had a SP offer on file. $500 increase and I haven't gotten any more since. The card was about 4-5 months old at the time. 0 balance but highest balance reported on it was $206.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 72 of 503
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

Here's my story.

My SP CLI came as a result of calling Barclays 24/7 recon line when trying to get my APR reduced on my card. They didn't have any lower rates for me but I did ask them for a CLI and they said I had a SP offer on file. $500 increase and I haven't gotten any more since. The card was about 4-5 months old at the time. 0 balance but highest balance reported on it was $206.

Super useful info Popa! So we're discovering it is very possible just the timing is what we have left to figure out.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 73 of 503
mossmanb5
Established Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
I called 24/7 analyst number. 866-951-1437

thanks for that number. i will be saving it for the future lol. i just called but the woman i spoke to said i had no sp offers at this time for a cli they would need to do a hp.

72 cards and done 312,800 in available credit
0.5% uti / 2.2 aaoa
eq 698 / ex 712 / tu 729

inqs= eq 48 / ex 35 / tu 15
Message 74 of 503
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CC.

Perhaps but I am out for the count until my TU shows 0 and then I'll be going after the Ring.
Message 75 of 503
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called the credit analyst number, and although she was extremely friendly, she said they would have to do a hard pull to give me a CLI on my Sallie Mae MC. I declined. Smiley Sad

Message 76 of 503
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just called the credit analyst number, and although she was extremely friendly, she said they would have to do a hard pull to give me a CLI on my Sallie Mae MC. I declined. Smiley Sad

When was your last CLI? Try next month. 

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 77 of 503
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SecretAzure wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When was your last CLI? Try next month. 

I've never had a CLI on my Sallie Mae. My starting limit was $1500 and it still is. Although to be fair, I've not even had the card 6 months yet (4.5 months, actually).

Message 78 of 503
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Wait for your 7th billing cycle to close. You might receive an auto-CLI before then and that's okay. If not, call the 24/7 analyst number and see if they can lower your APR or offer you a soft pull CLI.

Message 79 of 503
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SecretAzure wrote:

Wait for your 7th billing cycle to close. You might receive an auto-CLI before then and that's okay. If not, call the 24/7 analyst number and see if they can lower your APR or offer you a soft pull CLI.

Fair point. Hopefully I get some auto luv!

Message 80 of 503
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.