Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a DP of multiple unsolicited CLIs in under 180 days and a limit reallocation to a < 60-day-old account:

Late April: Received unsolicited CLI on my BCP

Late June: Opened BB+

Late July or early August: Requested credit limit transfer from personal SPG to BB+ (forgetting that BB+ hadn't been open 60 days yet), received 7-10 days message

Early August: Received letter that "transfer" was approved, but they didn't actually reduce my SPG limit

And your limit on the BB+ increased regardless with the reallocation?

Yes, the BB+ went from $9k to $12.5k. The letter indicated a decreased limit on the SPG, but in looking at my account info online the SPG limit did not actually decrease. It's not a delay issue because the BB+ increase is reflected online. Maybe the analyst made a mistake in my favor, but there it is.

Message 3471 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

My AMEX BCE has been open less than a month but first statement closed today and thought it was ridiculous that I had only had a 1k limit.  So I asked for 3k online and was approved.  Now wondering if I should have asked for more.  When can I ask for my next CLI?  In 181 days from today?  

Message 3472 of 5,432
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My AMEX BCE has been open less than a month but first statement closed today and thought it was ridiculous that I had only had a 1k limit.  So I asked for 3k online and was approved.  Now wondering if I should have asked for more.  When can I ask for my next CLI?  In 181 days from today?  

Yes..180/181 days from the CLI with Amex. You probably could have requested at activation and received the 3x. Not sure why people don't try this. It doesn't hurt to try.

Message 3473 of 5,432
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes..180/181 days from the CLI with Amex. You probably could have requested at activation and received the 3x. Not sure why people don't try this. It doesn't hurt to try.

Yep, agreed. Worst case scenario they tell you the account is too new to request and you just have to wait out the initial 61 day period with no reset. And whether you could have gotten more pretty sure you can't ask for more; 3x is the max limit you can request uness something has changed recently with regards to that.

Message 3474 of 5,432
Poppa
Established Contributor

Hello. Got BCP December 2016 $2000 SL. Valentine's Day got 3X CLI to $6,000. Today got 3X CLI to $18,000!

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 3475 of 5,432
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Very nice congrats!

Message 3476 of 5,432
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! I tried at activation of the BCE but no luck. Just the normal is too soon message.

Message 3477 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shoegal wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! I tried at activation of the BCE but no luck. Just the normal is too soon message.

Thanks.

Perhaps because I made 4 payments in the  first 3 weeks as I only had a 1000 limit and didn't want to show high utilization while trying to meet my 1000 spend for the bonus. I woudn't have even asked for cli but making a payment more than once a week is annoying.  

Message 3478 of 5,432
jamie123
Valued Contributor

I bought a house back in February and after closing I apped for and received 3 new CCs which are:

AMEX BCE - $20K SL

Citi Diamond Preferred - $8K SL

Amazon Store - $2K SL

I'm not ready to ask for a CLI from AMEX currently because I'm using the 0% offer on the BCE and have a high running balance. When I am ready to ask for a CLI (After the BCE is a year old and balance is paid to $0.) how much should I ask for? What are their high limits? Any special requirements for a high limit? Do people really get 3X to $60K CLs?

I also have:

Discover IT at $27K CL - $0 balance

Cap1 QS at $13K CL - $0 balance

BoA Rewards at $8K CL - $0 balance

Walmart MC at $8K CL - $0 balance

Chase Freedom at $1500 CL - $0 balance

AMEX Zync $500 Hard CL - $0 balance

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 3479 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most find that they are prompted to provide IV if trying to move past $35k in the first year, but there are exceptions.  If you've had your account for a year or longer, you can grow it over time without having to provide IV. 

My guess is that you'd be able to take your $20k SL to $35k with your first CLI without IV, maybe $40k.  Anything over that you'll have to submit POI.

Message 3480 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.