Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

tag
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Re: The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

The little pop up thingy after you do the pre-screen acceptance, told me congrats you're pre-

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

Just wanted to add, when I PIF accounts through CCCS I included VS and Express. (Don't know if anyone else was curious if this effects future SCT chances)

Since I completed that program, I've gotten pop ups for:

VS $1000 (didn't accept)

WS Store Card $1000 (didn't accept)

J Crew $500 (Didn't accept)

Good Camping Store Card $1500 (accepted) SP

OS $1500 (accepted) SP

Pottery Barn $2500 (accepted) SP

Grandin Road $2000 (accepted) SP

LOFT All Rewards MC $2000 (accepted) SP

New York & Co $1500 (Didn't accept)

Where are you seeing your credit limits BEFORE you accept/don't accept?

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

Just wanted to add, when I PIF accounts through CCCS I included VS and Express. (Don't know if anyone else was curious if this effects future SCT chances)

VS $1000 (didn't accept)

OS $1500 (accepted) SP

approved for $$$ and I either keep going to accept or close it out to decline.

Message 481 of 487
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Wow sorry replying on my phone really screwed that up.

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

The little pop up thingy after you do the pre-screen acceptance, told me congrats you're pre-

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

VS $1000 (didn't accept)

OS $1500 (accepted) SP

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

VS $1000 (didn't accept)

OS $1500 (accepted) SP

approved for $$$ and I either keep going to accept or close it out to decline.

Message 482 of 487
Nikita2008
Regular Contributor

What’s with the shopping cart trick?

I was not previously aware, and probably never cared because I had crap credit. Still not perfect but shopping on Victoria's Secret last night and when I went to check out it said I was preappoved for their credit card. All I bought was some body products. I didn't bother taking the card, I'm not a big fan of Comenity or store cards in general. Shocked to see a pre approval though. I got NFCU, Discover and Amex Blue Cash in the past month, so I wouldn't take it right now even if I actually wanted it, but nice to see.

Message 483 of 487
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: What’s with the shopping cart trick?

I got some updates. 

My Appliances Connection card got here in the mail, and I pressed the LUV button and they gave me a CLI of $800. So I went from $3k to $3.8k on that card! Not bad. 

Turns out even though I didn't get an approval message online, I was approved for the NY and Company card as well. It's only $500, but I'm sure I can give a CLI button a try on that in a few months. 

As for other people in my family, my mom got a Williams Sonoma card and got a CLI from just $500 to $2000. I'll edit this post with even more updates later. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 484 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know i'm supposed to be gardening but these SCTs looked attractive. I tried most from the list but I could only get Express and Appliances Connection to pop-up. Appliances Connection originally showed me that I pre-qualified for $4,500 but when I took the offer it went down to $2,700. No HPs yet and no emails too which is kind of weird. I really wanted the Overstock card. Long ago I cold apped for it and got denied LUL.

Message 485 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the SCT work if your credit file is frozen since it's a soft pull? All three of my reports have a security freeze. 

Message 486 of 487
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

If they are simply frozen, they can still do a soft pull.  However, if you have them locked (only available through a subscription), then they need to be unlocked first.

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 487 of 487
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.