Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Rule

tag
difringe
Established Contributor

US Bank Rule

Had a question...I'm vaguely aware of US Bank's preference that you are <1/6 or <2/12 before applying.  Does that mean 1 or less new credit card accounts, 1 or less hard pulls, or 1 or less new accounts (loans, credit cards, etc.) total in the last 6 months?

Edit: thinking about this, it should probably be in the Credit Card Applications section

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: US Bank Rule

If you want the thread to be relocated you can click on the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner of your post, select the "Report Inappropriate Content" option, and ask that your thread be moved.   If the moderators agree that the thread is better served in a different section of the forum they will relocate it for you.    

As to your question, both inquiries and new accounts are relevant.   

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 6
difringe
Established Contributor

Thanks! And just for clarity, the new accounts is all forms of revolving/installment debt, not just credit cards?

Message 3 of 6
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

I would appreciate some clarity on this as well, as this is the first time I've heard 0/6.

Is that 1/12 and 0/6 for new accounts AND inquiries?

Message 4 of 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

US Bank's rules are made to be broken! ..

I am not saying that this will work for you! ... YMMV!!

Here are my Dp's from an Altitude Go approval.  

..(I do have a pretty solid Banking relationship with them and two other CC's)

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/FNBO-Visa-Signature-15-000-00-amp-U-S-Bank-Al...

Message 5 of 6
difringe
Established Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

US Bank's rules are made to be broken! ..

I am not saying that this will work for you! ... YMMV!!

Here are my Dp's from an Altitude Go approval.  

..(I do have a pretty solid Banking relationship with them and two other CC's)

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/FNBO-Visa-Signature-15-000-00-amp-U-S-Bank-Al...

LOL if 50k in monthly deposits is a 'pretty solid banking relationship' i'm DOOMED Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.