Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Signature Rewards card

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: US Bank Signature Rewards card

@Meanmchine wrote:

Since when did US Bank start triple pulling??  I always thought they were a straight TU puller

Agree-I only was tapped for a single TU pull last week on a new approval. Years before when i had any of their products was only a single pull as well as sometimes for a CLI if SP wasn't in the equation.

Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meanmchine wrote:

Since when did US Bank start triple pulling??  I always thought they were a straight TU puller

They might be SPing second or third bureaus. I only got an HP on EX when I did my app at the end of last month but I wouldn’t be surprised if they SP’d TU as well. SPs require credit reports to be unfrozen if you don’t have an existing relationship. 

Message 12 of 29
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Boy AJC, it's in my opnion a total toss up on the chances but.......

You absolutely MUST unfreeze those reports as requested if you stand any chance at all since you already pulled the trigger on the 5% card.

The results you read up on should most definitely give you some idea. Whatever the choice, best of luck for a good outcome Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 29
Remedios
Credit Mentor

AJC, I got denied by computer for two accounts (4 and 5 months old at the time).
EX was SP'ed for checking, HP only on TU.
Denial was overturned by UW, he had access to Sage Stream (and/or) LN based on his question about my professional license number.
Also, probably EWS report too, as he seemed more familiar with my checking account balances than me.
FICO 9 in higher 770 range.

Card is definitely worth it.

I've had no issues other than gentle pressure to look into other aspects of banking relationship, which considering my 17 year fling with Chase is not a bad thing, even if it makes me move slightly away from BECU and couple of other FIs.
Message 14 of 29
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Us Bank is a major PITA applying for checking online..  If you were to do that although doubt they have branches in PR.  I had nightmares back when i applied online, but went in branch took 2 mins last time i had a checking account with them.  

With regards to CC honestly if it a toss up as I personally know someone that has near 100 inquiries on one CRA and got a 5k approval among other negative things on their CR.   While others with 800's get 500 lol cl's and have to recon with mixed results.  Really depends on the UW I believe whether they have had their coffee or not if you dont get an instant approval or on your recon or not sl.

Message 15 of 29
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

what i don't undertand is why a guy wo has been on this forum since 2016 and is a Super Contributor

would have his reports frozen, knowing that US Bank uses CRA's For Identity Purposes. and to get a Gold Account,

you must have "No Ice Cream on The Frozen side"

honestly, I am Extremely Happy with US Bank. Gold Checking & Cash+

My Advice is to open a Gold Checking in a Branch (if possible) although that might take a swim across The Pacific to do.

when you open a Gold Checking, The Cash+ Card is pretty much a given to you!

Wish you The Best My Friend!

Message 16 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, thsnks SmartieSmiley Wink

Thank you everybody for your words of advice. Ill bet those other credit reports have weird info on me and not knowing whats on them is probably not ideal if applying with a lender who uses them.

I just decided to let it rest for now. I need to make it 6 months first with no new accounts lol. THAT would be a big milestone for me. I think i need to look into getting my reports . My luck im a millionaire , dont know it and am grossly misleading my income lolSmiley Wink.

Oh and for funnies @M_Smart007 i actually did have all 3 reports unlocked lol. I think i applied like late Friday night for the Hold Checking/ cc but on Sunday i received an email that said kiss their grits so i immediately locked my TU and EQ, ex was open for a week, since i figured i wouldnt get a card anyway. For shameSmiley Wink
Message 17 of 29
kdm31091
Super Contributor

US Bank is pretty conservative. I would probably wait until you've gone six months without a new account. I know that is often easier said than done, but I think it would give you a much better chance of approval.

Message 18 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Agreed Kdm, thanks. Sometimes playing the patience game is better for the longgameSmiley Wink.
Message 19 of 29
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol, thsnks SmartieSmiley Wink

Thank you everybody for your words of advice. Ill bet those other credit reports have weird info on me and not knowing whats on them is probably not ideal if applying with a lender who uses them.

I just decided to let it rest for now. I need to make it 6 months first with no new accounts lol. THAT would be a big milestone for me. I think i need to look into getting my reports . My luck im a millionaire , dont know it and am grossly misleading my income lolSmiley Wink.

Oh and for funnies @M_Smart007 i actually did have all 3 reports unlocked lol. I think i applied like late Friday night for the Hold Checking/ cc but on Sunday i received an email that said kiss their grits so i immediately locked my TU and EQ, ex was open for a week, since i figured i wouldnt get a card anyway. For shameSmiley Wink

Sorry, My Sincere Apologies, I mis-understood,

The whole enchilada. so i spoke and poke'd out of ignorance.Smiley Embarassed

I do believe after reading you are playing it right. by letting things cool off for a while.

cooler heads and patience usually prevail. (I am trying to work on the patience thing myself)

Look on the bright side at least no swim across the Pacific nowSmiley Surprised,

and  you can Focus on Figuring out Those Bonovoyage points thing.Smiley Wink

and what Ritz Carlton Hotel you will stay at, give a wave to Smartie, he'll br the only one sleeping in parking lot.Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.