Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber Visa Credit Card Data Points Thread for Approvals

tag
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Uber Visa Credit Card Data Points Thread for Approvals

We going to wait for this thing.  Just opened Barclay Aviator Red and AmEx Delta.  Not sure if it is good to push the envelope.

Message 21 of 333
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Approved: 2,800

Fico: 724(via Discover)

Pulled: Transunion

Utilization: 11%

new accounts within last 6 months: 3

inqs within last 6months: 5

Total Exposure with Barclays previously: 10,500

(*Was always auto-declined without a hardpull for the Cash Forward after getting my two accounts 3 yrs ago. They didn't like all my new accounts since then. Shocked at approval)

Avid Uber Rider

Message 22 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BronzeTrader wrote:

We going to wait for this thing.  Just opened Barclay Aviator Red and AmEx Delta.  Not sure if it is good to push the envelope.

I think you would be ok.  Just in October, i opened 2 AMEX CCs, 2 US bank CCs, 1 NFCU CC, 1 NFCU PLOC, 1 US Bank CLOC and got approved with TU of 718

Message 23 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JSS3 wrote:

Approved: 2,800

Fico: 724(via Discover)

Utilization: 11%

new accounts within last 6 months: 3

inqs within last 6months: 5

Total Exposure with Barclays previously: 10,500

(*Was always auto-declined without a hardpull for the Cash Forward after getting my two accounts 3 yrs ago. They didn't like all my new accounts since then. Shocked at approval)

Avid Uber Rider

Nice!! Maybe the requirements are less strict? Who knows, congrats!!

Message 24 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in San Francisco so I use Uber...almost every day. THUS I AM AMPED. Need to get that limit boosted soon though.

Untitled.png

Fico700

Utilization: 28%

new accounts within last 6 months: 0 (until this one)

inqs within last 6months: lots...

Total Exposure with Barclays previously$1,300 (closed card last year)

Message 25 of 333
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

For all those lurking, I posted a pretty whacky instant decline turned to approval with Barclays in the CC Approval forum. I won't copy + paste because it's long, but there's hope for everyone!

Everyone is right, Barclays is very much a YMMV bank.

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 26 of 333
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@BronzeTrader wrote:

I think you would be ok.  Just in October, i opened 2 AMEX CCs, 2 US bank CCs, 1 NFCU CC, 1 NFCU PLOC, 1 US Bank CLOC and got approved with TU of 718

No hurry to risk it.  I'm helping a family member to get the first Chase card.  Have to wait to get the Chase card first.  Then this Uber. 

Message 27 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ever since the card was announced I wanted to apply, but was worried about approval. Took a shot and it worked out pretty well! 

TU: ~718

AAOA: 7 Months (Opened a majority of my accounts (14/17) in the past six/seven months)

Inquries: 11 

UTL: Across all cards is 2%. One card has a 50% due to a balance transfer. 

Message 28 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I live in San Francisco so I use Uber...almost every day. THUS I AM AMPED. Need to get that limit boosted soon though.

Untitled.png

Fico700

Utilization: 28%

new accounts within last 6 months: 0 (until this one)

inqs within last 6months: lots...

Total Exposure with Barclays previously$1,300 (closed card last year)

You could call back and try  to get it higher.  Won't hurt to ask Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BronzeTrader wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BronzeTrader wrote:

No hurry to risk it.  I'm helping a family member to get the first Chase card.  Have to wait to get the Chase card first.  Then this Uber. 

Oh ok, then yes, makes sense

Message 30 of 333
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.