Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Credit Card - Why!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart Credit Card - Why!?

I don't get how all of you guys are getting approved which marginal scores and a bunch of baddies on your accounts. 
I have tried..for 3 years in a row now to get a Walmart Mastercard/Store Card. 

Just tried again today got this message:
"We appreciate your interest in Walmart Credit Card - it will
take 7-10 days to get back to you." 

..What the french toast... 

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Credit Card - Why!?

Sorry OP

Most Walmart approvals I see have a score above 640 to 650 . I do see your scores are alittle lower than that so I would wait until your scores are alittle higher to apply again. I bet you will get it if you can get your scores up alittle.

So Sorry again Hugs

Message 2 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

Sorry OP

Most Walmart approvals I see have a score above 640 to 650 . I do see your scores are alittle lower than that so I would wait until your scores are alittle higher to apply again. I bet you will get it if you can get your scores up alittle.

So Sorry again Hugs

I swear that's probably the nicest message I've seen on these boards in a while. 

Thank you so much. Maybe I should go sit my butt in the garden until I'm over 650... I think that'll be best..just work with what I currently have Smiley Happy 

Message 3 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you can be way under 650 to score a synchrony gas card. that way you can have synchrony history building up even if your scores are stagnant. When bad mark goes away or whatever else is holding you down that extra history will just be gravy.
Message 4 of 33
marcforza1
Frequent Contributor

Op does kind of have a point. I've went through a lot of reviews of people getting approved with scores barely hitting 600 with baddies in 2016 while the ones around 700 are getting denied. I thought about applying myself but decided not to due to my score despite the reviews.

FICO 8 Scores 12/2017: EX-596; TU-604; EQ-591
Current: EX-648; TU-665; EQ-678
AAoA: 4.4 yrs
Message 5 of 33
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Believe me We ALL know how you feel I promise you that. I did got approved for 800.00 when my score was around 650 however they wouldn't give me not even one CLI in over 3 years. So I know how you feel etc Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 33
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

I have seen some people with your score get a old navy card but I would wait until your score is alittle higher because you will get alot better SL etc

Message 7 of 33
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@marcforza1 wrote:

Op does kind of have a point. I've went through a lot of reviews of people getting approved with scores barely hitting 600 with baddies in 2016 while the ones around 700 are getting denied. I thought about applying myself but decided not to due to my score despite the reviews.

They might have got approved but I see the SL are from 150.00 to 300.00. I bet OP would be alot happier if they wait until they can get their scores up and get a higher SL etc.

Believe me it takes time.

Look at my walmart  I opened up my walmart store card almost 5 years (April) and now I am getting a upgrade to a Mastercard and my limit is now $10K

Message 8 of 33
schsa210
Established Contributor

Please don't think strange things are happening to only you when it comes to Sychrony.  I have several cards with them but not getting any luv from them, the only card that's giving me an increase is my Chevron card, the one card that I literally charge about $30 every other week on.  Just be patient and it will happen for you.

Looking forward to seeing that future post from you titled, "HOLY CRAP! I AM FINALLY IN WITH WALMART!!"

~buried myself in the garden~
Message 9 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@schsa210 wrote:

Looking forward to seeing that future post from you titled, "HOLY CRAP! I AM FINALLY IN WITH WALMART!!"

One day it shall be mine!!! I shop there often enough dangnabbit!!! 

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.