Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What was your Amex Pre-qualification results

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What was your Amex Pre-qualification results

Hello community,

Im curious of the ratio of people that has been prequalified by Amex and Approved after applying vs the non approved after applying.

What CC did you prequalify for...

What was your results...

31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What was your Amex Pre-qualification results

3/2018 - Prequal BCE - approved $1K

6/2019 - Prequal Cash Magnet - approved $1K (and immediately approved for 3X CLI)

9/2019 - Preapproved BCP - approved $2200

In my experience the prequal has been solid. The two times I applied without a prequal or preapproval ended in denial. 

Message 2 of 32
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Never pre-qualified, approved for the following: 

- Delta Gold

- Delta Platinum

- Gold charge

Message 3 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got first card April 2019.....cold applied didn't know about the pre qual site.  Approved for Blue Preferred $1k.

Tried pre qual site several times a week after I found out about the site & for months.....NOTHING.  

Checked about 3 weeks ago (Feb 2020) & finally APPROVED for every card they had.   Pulled the trigger on the Green, Gold and Everyday Blue($2K)....APPROVED!   

1 1/2 weeks later tried Pre Qual again and came back APPROVALS for all the cards again (prior to pulling the trigger on the 1st 3 cards it went back to "Expanding your membership").   Pulled trigger on the Plat card.  

Since getting the Plat card when I try the Pre Qual for giggles I'm just getting the "Expanding your membership" message.  

If you Pre Qual and it says "YOU'RE PREAPPROVED".....Its solid as a rock.   If it says "Expanding your membership"....slim chance youll be approved some have but not many.

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello community,

Im curious of the ratio of people that has been prequalified by Amex and Approved after applying vs the non approved after applying.

What was your results...

Message 4 of 32
cr101
Established Contributor

IIRC, I didn't have any pquals. So, I apped for the Delta Gold and got a 1K SL. 

Message 5 of 32
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

I wasnt preapproved for any card.  Cold apped Green APPROVED.  The cold apped BCE APPROVED.  Fico8 at the time was 730ish

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 32
blindambition
Senior Contributor

I had a Platinum for years in 90's. The days when $300. I dumped with increase and didn't have one for years.

In 6/16 I cold app'd BCE. Instant approval 10k.

Message 7 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

2017 - cold app - Declined

02/2020 - Pre-qualified....Gold, Hilton & BCE (took the BCE) approved for 5K.

Message 8 of 32
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

August 2019 - Prequalified for AMEX Gold Charge Card and was approved

My understanding is that their prequals are pretty solid, and more often than not, result in approvals. 

Message 9 of 32
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello community,

What was your results...

Hi and welcome to myFICO

In my case, I didnt check for prequals for either my ED or Magnate and was approved for both--EX $11.5K and Magnate $15K. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.