Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Beautiful NFCU Win!!

tag
MrsF
Established Member

Re: A Beautiful NFCU Win!!

I agree. It depends. My spouse and I actually joined about a year ago when our scores were in the 500's/low 600's. But we did immediately start having our paychecks direct deposited and also established savings acocunts. We also re-financed one of our cars with them. So we did establish a relationship. My spouse was approved for the Platinum card with a $4200 CL when we joined. She added me as an authorized user. I waited until August to apply for my own card. Got approved for the Cash Rewards for $7300 (at the same time, my spouse was approved for CLI that brought her Platinum card up to $7200).

Income may be a factor as well. We have a combined income of around $115K. We are both in the medical field, so I don't know if maybe our professions are deemed a better risk. We also have been very mindful of our utilization at SCD for all cards that we use - whicn is 3 cards out of 10. We stopped using the small sub-prime cards. To that end, we make multiple payments on the cards throughout the month, so our statement balance is always paid off. We use the Cash Rewards card ALOT, so I'm sure NFCU is loving the transaction fees that come from the merchants.

I think all of these things (and I'm sure many other things) have factored into our most recent success.

Message 21 of 27
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Time to mark your calendar for another 91/3 on the 3rd card. Smiley Wink

Message 22 of 27
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@AllZero  I have no months on the calendar with 91 daysSmiley Wink

Message 23 of 27
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@AllZero  I have no months on the calendar with 91 daysSmiley Wink

You need to use the unicorn calendar.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81KNtPMSyBL._AC_UL115_.jpg

Message 24 of 27
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 25 of 27
mystikal1
Established Contributor

Congrats. Very nice!

Message 26 of 27
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

@MrsF  First of all congrats on the approvals.  Secondly you mentioned you have some rebuild credit cards. From you post I think they have served their purpose. I would think about closing those with fees / annual fees and get the cash back by not having those fees to pay. 

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 20,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU SDFCU auto CLI. 6/24 5000 to 20k

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.