Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAdvantage Platinum Select - Approved without SSN

tag
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Re: AAdvantage Platinum Select - Approved without SSN

@Deuter wrote:

Now when i go to the bank i won't feel as i'm doing anything "Sneaky" trying to get a CC lol!

Any way, i think.. i am thinking that if i get approved the Prestige to downgrade this one to no AF. 

My mind can't decide on which one to downgrade: Costco Visa, AA MilesUp, Rewards+. I think i'm already rulling out the Double cash, not sure why. 

For the Costco card, you need a membership to Costco, so it's not really a No-AF card because you need to pay for the club membership.

The Double Cash doesn't make sense for you either because it has a 3% fee for transactions outside of the US, which is where you spend most of your time. You'd only be able to use it while in the US to avoid the FT fee.

If you're planning to get the Prestige, it'd probably make sense to consider a coversion to a card with ThankYou Rewards so you can pool them together for redemptions.

Message 21 of 24
Deuter
Regular Contributor

I have a Costco membership. When i come shopping for groceries in the USA i come to Costco and also fill the tank of my car there wherever possible.

The Rewards+ has foreign transaction fees and MilesUp too. As i only know about miles, how worth are the Thank You points if i want to redeem them for airline tickets and on which airlines?

Message 22 of 24
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@Deuter wrote:
I have a Costco membership. When i come shopping for groceries in the USA i come to Costco and also fill the tank of my car there wherever possible.

The Rewards+ has foreign transaction fees and MilesUp too. As i only know about miles, how worth are the Thank You points if i want to redeem them for airline tickets and on which airlines?

If you have a Costco membership already and plan to keep it, then the card is a great option. It has no FT fees and the earnings are worldwide, so you could get 4% on gas in Europe too. 

I had no idea about the FT fees on the Rewards+ or MilesUp card, so forget those too.

I think the only ThankYou Rewards card without FTF left is the Premier, but it does have an annual fee, and it seems that you're trying to avoid paying one.

As far as the value of TYPs, there are a lot of variables and it really depends on how you're redeeming them. I'd suggest you run a google search on the topic because there's a ton of detailed information on many travel blogs. Spend some time reading and making sure the program fits you and not the other way around. There's plenty of reading material out there.

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Approval! And just goes to show anything is possible... Welcome Aboard Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.