Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card CLI

tag
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Apple Card CLI

Just got a $3000 limit increase on my Apple Card, taking my limit from $10,850 to $13,850!

IMG_9923.jpeg

The Backstory for those interested:

Last night I asked for a limit increase on the Apple Card. They immediately said they needed to have my co-owner (my wife) update her income too before a decision could be made. Once she did so they would let us know something within 6 days. We used the link they emailed her to update her info. 

When I submitted the request I knew an increase approval would be iffy!  I had just purchased a Mac Studio with upgrades and a Studio Display with an upgraded tilt arm. The purchase was taking up 54% of my card’s limit. I remember a prior conversation with Apple Card Support where they said anytime a person asks for a limit increase and they’re already using 30%  or more of their card’s limit it will almost always get denied, but 29% or lower your chances of approval go up drastically!.

What gave me the confidence to ask was 3 things:

1) My last limit increase was 2/4/22 (back when they went by their old standards of giving limit increases as soon as every 91 days) so I should’ve been eligible for another increase on 5/6/22,

2) the last time I got an increase I had just bought a MacBook Pro with multiple upgrades and I was using 34% of my card’s limit, and

3) it’s always a soft pull so the worst they can say is no.

Every single time I’ve gotten an increase it has been on the heels of me buying a new Mac. Any other times I’ve asked I've gotten denied for not putting enough spend on the card. I have asked for multiple increases since 5/6/22 and the answer was always the same, denial, not enough spend. So far I hadn’t been willing to spend more on the card because the categories I’d be spending in gave 3% to 6% on other cards but would only garner 1% on my Apple Card because the companies don’t take Apple Pay.

So I eventually just stopped trying since my spend hadn’t gone up any. Since I knew I had just spent a substantial amount on the new computer and monitor I decided finally to try again. Woke up this morning and checked my email and I saw an email from late last night stating my approval!  I’m excited for this increase! What first made me interested in the Apple Card was the ability to do installments on larger priced Apple products while also earning cash back. Unlike my Best Buy cards that let you choose either 0 interest financing or earning 5% in Best Buy rewards but not both!

This is my 7th installment so far. I tend to get an installment then aggressively pay it off early. My goal for this card is to get the limit to $25K.  That will help me with keeping my utilization down whenever I make future large purchases.

Card History:

11/8/20  $2100 Starting Limit

5/24/21  $1250 CLI ($3350 new limit)

4/20/21  Wife Approved for Apple Card $5500 Starting Limit

6/27/21  Merged Card with wife ($8850 new combined limit)

2/4/22 $2000 CLI ($10,850 new limit)

6/22/23 $3000 CLI ($13,850 new limit)

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Apple Card CLI

Congratulations @Jordan23ww on a nice increase with your Apple Card!

Message 2 of 33
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 3 of 33
sznthescore
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!

REBUILDER CARDS

Goal: FICO 700+; (0) zero inquiries (7/2025)
Message 4 of 33
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Congratulations @Jordan23ww on a nice increase with your Apple Card!

@CreditMagic7  Thank you! 

Message 5 of 33
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

@cashorcharge  Thank you!

Message 6 of 33
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@sznthescore wrote:

Congratulations on your CLI!

@sznthescore   Thank you!

Message 7 of 33
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Nice bump, congratulations! 

Message 8 of 33
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@JoeRockhead wrote:

Nice bump, congratulations! 

@JoeRockhead  Thank you!

Message 9 of 33
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Way to go !  Congrats on a nice CLI !

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k | 1 months until BK7 disappears |
( EE from TU & EX )
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.