cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Approval - in-branch method while LOL/24

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.
Frequent Contributor

CSP Approval - in-branch method while LOL/24

Hello all,

Last Thursday I went into the nearest Chase Branch to check for pre-approvals after opening a Chase Total Checking a few weeks ago and diverting 1/8th of my net paycheck to that account.

I asked the banker if I had any pre-approved offers (nothing has EVER shown up online, and my Chase Freedom has been bucketed at $1,500 for 2.5 years), and he said, “well you’re pre-approved for them all.”

Long story short, I check my Chase App just moments ago and I’m approved for the CSP with a $12,100 SL and at 22.49% standard APR. This is my second Chase card ever, and first Sapphire-branded card. I’m likely going to upgrade to CSR when I hit the spend bonus or after a year and downgrade my AmEx Platinum to Gold.

I am so LOL/24 it’s unbelievable, perhaps might even be 12-15/24.

You can check out the story in the CC Apps Forum since I’m posting from my phone at work & I don’t want to be too redundant, but any website claiming in-branch workaround is dead is totally wrong. Even called RoboLady and she confirmed the same information.

Here’s the CC App thread-
https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/CSP-in-branch-question/td-p/5638756

Hope this helps folks.
My highest two limits are $50,000 on my Merrill+ and $45,000 on my BofA Cash Rewards, both VS obviously. Sure that took my SL up.

Now, I just hope that what I’ve read about the SUB isn’t true (not applicable) if you get approved through a workaround because I’ve definitely never had a Sapphire product, and this will certainly be a daily driver in due time.

Thanks for all the info, folks! Happy to answer more questions.
In order of use: AmEx (Platinum) | Barclays Uber VS | BofA/ML (Merrill+ VS, Cash Rewards VS) | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select WEMC | Discover | Chase | NFCU

TU 704, EX 700, EQ 676 (11/30/2017)
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: CSP Approval - in-branch method while LOL/24

Congratulations on your approval

FICO 08 Scores (Mar-19): TU 808, EQ 795, EX 787

Message 2 of 13
Regular Contributor

Congratz!!!

Message 3 of 13

Great story and a great card to have. Grats Smiley Happy
"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 4 of 13
Contributor

Waiting wasn't so bad now was it?  Smiley Happy

What I would do w/ Freedom is move all of its limit over to CSP and then Park it for future options while building some additional history with CSP.  I say all because they force you to keep around $500 on it to keep it open.

500K+ TCL / 800+ FCOs
Message 5 of 13
Frequent Contributor

@Obscure - that’s a great idea. Once everything is received and activated, I’ll do that. I have no interest in keeping a $1,500 CL card open— it’s by far my lowest limit, with the next lowest being 7,300 (discover).
In order of use: AmEx (Platinum) | Barclays Uber VS | BofA/ML (Merrill+ VS, Cash Rewards VS) | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select WEMC | Discover | Chase | NFCU

Message 6 of 13
Frequent Contributor

Has anyone read anything about SUB's not being offered when the card's approved through a workaround?  I read it on some off-kilter website that was pretty high up on the Google search. 

I want the CSP anyhow, but that SUB is nice!

Message 7 of 13
Contributor

I think it doesn't get much better than applying in branch.  

A work around in my book is playing games with links from other people to get an approval or going incognito to get a better offer.  Or the poor soul that swaps an existing CSx down to a CF/U in the hopes of apping for a fresh card for a SUB.  

500K+ TCL / 800+ FCOs
Message 8 of 13
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval! If you aren't using the Freedom then as @Obscure-Expert said, move it to the CSP. Otherwise, for the 5% categories, I would definitely use it to the respective quarterly categories. It's a relatively easy way to get a lot of UR points.

Scores - All bureaus 750 +/-
TCL - Est. $275K
Message 9 of 13
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Funny how Chase likes that little extra $100 on the CLs lol

Discover It: 18.7k
Amex BCE: 18k
Citi DC: 4.7k
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once you go Berner, you never go back.