Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP in branch LOL/24

tag
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP in branch LOL/24

Maize, believe it or not I remembered your post and it had alot to do with pulling the trigger today. I had screwed myself on 5/24 before I knew better but wanted CSR or CSP badly. CSP was a decision based on DS's very near arrival. I had the $ for CSRs fee but opted to use it for other things. I'm so beyond ecstatic for this approval, the SL, and APR!
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!  If you wouldn't mind sharing, I'm 12/24 until 1/20.  I've got Chase Premier Checking and Savings, Individually Managed Brokerage, and both Freedom and CSP.   I've never walked in and asked "am I approved for anything?"  Nor has a teller (while I'm making a cash deposit) or any other visit said "hey, you're preapproved for...).  So, how far over 5/24 are you, and what were the circumstances of your visit?  Did you ask or did they just blurt it out at you?  Thanks!g

Welcome back; I don't recall seeing you around for quite a while.

You should always ask if you have any in-branch preapprovals.  A teller would be able to tell you but depending on how busy the branch is, they may not have the time to look up the information.  Your best bet would be to ask a personal banker; typically they will ask for one of your existing Chase cards to verify your identity then they will tell you if you're preapproved for any cards.

Personally I never get green checkmark approvals in the mobile app, Chase Credit Journey nor my online account.   So whenever I go into a branch I always ask about in-branch preapprovals.  Back in September I was told I was preapproved for all the cards offered by Chase but I didn't apply; then in December I was again told there were preapprovals so I applied for the CSR and was approved with a $35,000 starting limit even though I was 15/24.

Thanks!  That's the information I was looking for with regard to OP and my follow-up you answered with respect to "greencheck" approvals on app, Credit Journey, and online account.  

And thanks for the welcome back!  I've been lurking, but have been incredibly busy at work these past few months and although I tried to stay up to date with things I really had no time to comment or question with any level or degree of meaningful communications! Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Caught750 wrote:
Maize, believe it or not I remembered your post and it had alot to do with pulling the trigger today. I had screwed myself on 5/24 before I knew better but wanted CSR or CSP badly. CSP was a decision based on DS's very near arrival. I had the $ for CSRs fee but opted to use it for other things. I'm so beyond ecstatic for this approval, the SL, and APR!

Congrats on your CSP approval and on the near arrival of DS (not necessarily in that order). 

I'm glad I influenced your decision Smiley Happy the good news is that you can product change to the CSR in a year's time if you decide you want a more travel-focused card.

Message 13 of 28
Caught750
Valued Contributor

That was a thought as well. I'm actually thinking that when I'm under 5/24 again, or after closing, I'll add Freedom or Freedom Unlimited. That'll definitely be a time to upgrade to CSR. I just couldn't convince myself it was worth it at the moment. With that limit and APR they aren't worried about me that seems pretty clear.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!  If you wouldn't mind sharing, I'm 12/24 until 1/20.  I've got Chase Premier Checking and Savings, Individually Managed Brokerage, and both Freedom and CSP.   I've never walked in and asked "am I approved for anything?"  Nor has a teller (while I'm making a cash deposit) or any other visit said "hey, you're preapproved for...).  So, how far over 5/24 are you, and what were the circumstances of your visit?  Did you ask or did they just blurt it out at you?  Thanks!g

Welcome back; I don't recall seeing you around for quite a while.

You should always ask if you have any in-branch preapprovals.  A teller would be able to tell you but depending on how busy the branch is, they may not have the time to look up the information.  Your best bet would be to ask a personal banker; typically they will ask for one of your existing Chase cards to verify your identity then they will tell you if you're preapproved for any cards.

Personally I never get green checkmark approvals in the mobile app, Chase Credit Journey nor my online account.   So whenever I go into a branch I always ask about in-branch preapprovals.  Back in September I was told I was preapproved for all the cards offered by Chase but I didn't apply; then in December I was again told there were preapprovals so I applied for the CSR and was approved with a $35,000 starting limit even though I was 15/24.

Thanks!  That's the information I was looking for with regard to OP and my follow-up you answered with respect to "greencheck" approvals on app, Credit Journey, and online account.  

And thanks for the welcome back!  I've been lurking, but have been incredibly busy at work these past few months and although I tried to stay up to date with things I really had no time to comment or question with any level or degree of meaningful communications! Smiley Happy

Good to know that all is well.  I've seen mixed reports about whether green checkmark approvals actually override the 5/24 rule.  As far as I'm aware in-branch approvals are the only sure way to bypass 5/24 so those are what I usually look for.

Message 15 of 28
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Good . .  For . .  YOU!  Congrats, heck of a good approval, nice to see the Teller pulled through!  How long did you have to consider which card exactly you wanted when you had the keys to the kingdom there!

Message 16 of 28
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Not gonna lie I must have started and switched between CSR and CSP 3 or 4 times! Thanks! Highest limit and first time getting the lowest APR!
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet! Congrats on your CSP approval! Great SL as well! Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 28
seattlecredit08
Frequent Contributor

First, BIG Congrats on the in-brand CSP approval!!!

Question for everyone-- realistically, how often does this scenario happen? Is this something highly unusual?

I have been with Chase for many years, many accounts over the years but only revolving card product -- Amazon Prime card due to LOL/24. Never any green or any other checks online...

Would it be advisable to keep asking bank tellers about my pre-approvals or is it just a complete 1 in 100 chance?

I do know that Chase performs regular soft pulls on me as part of AR for Amazon Prime card but not sure if they use these SPs for anything else.

Thanks in advance!!!

Message 19 of 28
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Too bad I can’t get around 5/24 by owning Chase stock and corporate bonds.

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.