Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Prime Rewards VS Auto-CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Amazon Prime Rewards VS Auto-CLI

Apparently, Chase decided to be nice to me for once. Applied for the Chase Amazon card back in January. It was the first card that I had applied for in 6yrs and they gave me $1k limit. Just shrugged it off as Chase not liking me and I not liking Chase. Basically only used it for Amazon purchases but recently started to use it more charging about $200-300 the past two months to see if they'd give me an auto-CLI since I've read on here that they like usage. Tried to login into my account to take a look at my balance/due date and received an error message saying to call if I continue to have issues about half an hour ago. Logged into my account just now and what do I see? An additional $1k to my available credit line. Have no clue if the error message was linked to that though, probably just a coincidence. But, yeah, an auto-CLI from Chase making my limit $2k now. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Prime Rewards VS Auto-CLI

You have nice FICO numbers for better limits if you ask me but i been in the same boat before.

The method i used so far as recommended by some is that i've hop scotched my way so far to $7.5K with them by starting with a 3K Freedom, followed months later picked up a 5K CSP and moved the Freedom line minus 500 dollars to CSP and recently PC that back over to the Freedom again.

They double-pull as a routine on me so i left it at that and deal with my other lenders more.

Congratulations on getting that auto-CLI with them. I waited and used card, but no such auto on this end.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, its better than my past expereince with them at least lol 

Back when they acquired Washington Mutual, I had a $600 secured card with WaMu and Chase did not wait to close my secured card. That secured card sits on my report as a closed Chase card and falls off in about 6mths. Almost been 10yrs since then and I still have sort of a grudge against them lol It took me about a year later to apply for my Discover More Student card.

They e-mailed me back in August to apply for the Freedom Unlimited but I passed because meh. I decided to apply elsewhere if they were offering me something lol 

Message 3 of 4
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, its better than my past expereince with them at least lol 

Back when they acquired Washington Mutual, I had a $600 secured card with WaMu and Chase did not wait to close my secured card. That secured card sits on my report as a closed Chase card and falls off in about 6mths. Almost been 10yrs since then and I still have sort of a grudge against them lol It took me about a year later to apply for my Discover More Student card.

They e-mailed me back in August to apply for the Freedom Unlimited but I passed because meh. I decided to apply elsewhere if they were offering me something lol 

Yeah i have a real problem with that 10 year thing. Never went through it myself but it seems over-the-top grossly unfair to have to see your profile put into a kind of confinement for that long before it drops off.

A serious real pain for sure and gets in the way of moving forward.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.