Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom!

tag
jeffm4688
Frequent Contributor

Chase Freedom!

I honestly never imagined seeing this any time in the near future as I've opened like 25 cards in the past 24 months slowly working my way from junky $300 cap1's and credit one cards and a 500 score to almost 700 but I walked into a chase branch today and was told I had a pre approval for the slate or the freedom.

You can probably imagine which one I picked! I had no intention of opening any new cards but of course seeing this changed that real quick. 

The only downside? $500. Useless, so going to have to move credit around. I plan on asking chase for a CLI on my southwest to spread between my new IGH and Freedom. I got crappy limits but I'm guessing this could be due to any number of factors, like INQ's or the fact that I opened a recent auto loan & it's still reporting 100% UTIL.

FICO 12/2015 - EX 692 TU 685

FICO 10/2021 - EX 596 TU 605 EQ 600 - officially rebuilding.

What survived:
Amex HH - 1.5K | Amex Delta - 1K | Amex Bonvoy - 1.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex Business Cash- 2K | Amex Business Plus - 2K
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom!

@jeffm4688 wrote:

I honestly never imagined seeing this any time in the near future as I've opened like 25 cards in the past 24 months slowly working my way from junky $300 cap1's and credit one cards and a 500 score to almost 700 but I walked into a chase branch today and was told I had a pre approval for the slate or the freedom.

You can probably imagine which one I picked! I had no intention of opening any new cards but of course seeing this changed that real quick. 

The only downside? $500. Useless, so going to have to move credit around. I plan on asking chase for a CLI on my southwest to spread between my new IGH and Freedom. I got crappy limits but I'm guessing this could be due to any number of factors, like INQ's or the fact that I opened a recent auto loan & it's still reporting 100% UTIL.

Wow! Definitely blew out the 5/24. In branch though...hmmm. Very interesting. Congrats. 

Message 2 of 15
stellar
Established Contributor

So you have bank accounts with Chase? I assume since you went into a branch.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 4 of 15
Bowzer
Frequent Contributor

@jeffm4688 wrote:

Congrats on the Freedom Approval! This is another case where the 5/24 rule was trumped by going into a branch and applying. Good luck with the CL movements.
Message 5 of 15
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (May 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 6 of 15
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your new card.  I know the limit isn't what you're expecting but I take an approval of any amount than wasting an HP for a denial.

Message 7 of 15
jeffm4688
Frequent Contributor

I bank with chase, personal and business. I was withdrawing cash from a teller when she mentioned I had a pre approval for a card and that I should sit down with someone so I said sure, knowing it was most likely a freedom.

I was joking around saying I fully expected a $500 limit and I got one! I was talking with the guy too and he was like oh if we pre approved you you're scores must be really good blah blah. And I was like, to be honest I can't believe I got the pre approval to begin with. To think two years ago when I opened my business account and applied for a business card I got denied.

At the end of the day my EX is a 677, I got approved for the IHG last week (received today) and I checked pre approvals 2 days ago and had nothing. Weird, but I'll take it. Honestly if I could eventually grow to double my current CL's with chase I might consider hitting the garden for the first time in a long time. 

I also counted, and I opened 27 accounts in 24 months. Most of which last June. I'm guessing I'll be able to achieve a nice CLI on either or both cards when a huge block of new accounts and INQ's hit a year old in June.

FICO 12/2015 - EX 692 TU 685

FICO 10/2021 - EX 596 TU 605 EQ 600 - officially rebuilding.

What survived:
Amex HH - 1.5K | Amex Delta - 1K | Amex Bonvoy - 1.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex Business Cash- 2K | Amex Business Plus - 2K
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is great news! I don't care if it was $300. I would take it. I'm glad to have gotten in with Chase. It was my 1st Chase approval. I got $4k.
Message 9 of 15
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@jeffm4688 wrote:

I bank with chase, personal and business. I was withdrawing cash from a teller when she mentioned I had a pre approval for a card and that I should sit down with someone so I said sure, knowing it was most likely a freedom.

I was joking around saying I fully expected a $500 limit and I got one! I was talking with the guy too and he was like oh if we pre approved you you're scores must be really good blah blah. And I was like, to be honest I can't believe I got the pre approval to begin with. To think two years ago when I opened my business account and applied for a business card I got denied.

At the end of the day my EX is a 677, I got approved for the IHG last week (received today) and I checked pre approvals 2 days ago and had nothing. Weird, but I'll take it. Honestly if I could eventually grow to double my current CL's with chase I might consider hitting the garden for the first time in a long time. 

I also counted, and I opened 27 accounts in 24 months. Most of which last June. I'm guessing I'll be able to achieve a nice CLI on either or both cards when a huge block of new accounts and INQ's hit a year old in June.

Whoa, a smokin' h0t run no doubt. I would definitely hit the garden (at least for awhile) and let some of those cool off.

June is not that far off now.

Congrats on adding that newest Chase howbeit a bare minimum SL from them Smiley Indifferent

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.