Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Gold Amex Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delta Gold Amex Approved

I applied few minutes ago after I pondered for several months.  It takes few seconds to get the approval with $2000 SL. Smiley Happy Question is, the first time when I had BCE (now BCP) I didn't follow the 3X CLI. So how does this work? I have to wait until Jul 13 or maybe more, which is at least 61 days to request for the CLI? I am going to buy an airfare ticket and PIF in next few days. I am hoping it to make it looks good. 

Another question is if I applied for pre-approved PRG, do you think I will get a risk of getting HP? Anyway, I love Amex!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Delta Gold Amex Approved

If I buy a ticket from amextravel.com do I get 2X miles + 5x miles per dollar spent? Thank you.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If I buy a ticket from amextravel.com do I get 2X miles + 5x miles per dollar spent? Thank you.

Congrats!

Unless you're seeing a targeted promotion for that, 5X miles per dollar spent doesn't apply to the Gold Delta Amex.  The 5X miles is for the Platinum Card.

You'll earn (taken from Amex):

You can earn 2 miles per dollar spent when you use your Card for purchases made directly with Delta, including flights booked on Delta.com, Sky Club® membership or passes, Delta Vacations® packages, seat upgrades, or in-flight purchases like food, beverages, and audio headsets.

Regarding the PRG application, if you apply while logged in from the Amex website, it'll likely  be a SP.  However, if you apply from a partner link or referral link without being logged in, it'll likely  be a HP.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply. I saw from Amex Delta Gold application summary saying that if I am using the approved card and I am the Skymile member, I will get 5 miles per dollar purchase if I am using delta.com. On the amextravel.com side it is not clear since it only says 2X miles and also earned miles from Delta without not specific. I did call them and a rep told me I would get 2x amex miles +5X delta miles but I am still not convince. The good thing is if I am buying from Amextravel.com I could save $50.54 but the seats are limited to only economy. If I am buying from Delta.com I could get better seats (leg streched!!)  and I need one special set that is near to the exit on one of the flights since I need to get out from the plane for connecting flight (if possible). 

amex.com

(PRO)

Lower fare

More connecting cities so I can buy all tickets in a single package

(CON)

Bad seats available for selection. I am not sure if you can change it later when you go to Delta.com. Beside any seats that you select right now could be changed by the airline 24 or 48 hours rule something like that.. 

delta.com

(PRO)

Seating choice selection

(CON)

Slightly more expensive

Less cities recognized on their dropdown menu. 

I will apply for PRG later then through the amex website. I am still pissed at myself when I was offered 70,000 miles for the Delta Gold for 5 times (with some 60k, 50k) but I either missed the e-mail, forgot or chose to ignore the e-mail messages. The 70k miles was the biggest caused few days after the newest offered I bought my air ticket for almost $2000 while I could simply accept the offer and get free money. Oh well. 

This approved application through Amex.com instead of Delta.com will give me 30k instead of 35k. The other application is still waiting for me to sign with the count down time. lol. 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the reply. I saw from Amex Delta Gold application summary saying that if I am using the approved card and I am the Skymile member, I will get 5 miles per dollar purchase if I am using delta.com. On the amextravel.com side it is not clear since it only says 2X miles and also earned miles from Delta without not specific. I did call them and a rep told me I would get 5X miles but I am still not convince. The good thing is if I am buying from Amextravel.com I could save $50.54 but the seats are limited to only economy. If I am buying from Delta.com I could get better seats (leg streched!!)  and I need one special set that is near to the exit on one of the flights since I need to get out from the plane for connecting flight (if possible).

I will apply for PRG later then through the amex website. I am still pissed at myself when I was offered 70,000 miles for the Delta Gold for 5 times (with some 60k, 50k) but I either missed the e-mail, forgot or chose to ignore the e-mail messages. The 70k miles was the biggest caused few days after the newest offered I bought my air ticket for almost $2000 while I could simply accept the offer and get free money. Oh well. 

This approved application through Amex.com instead of Delta.com will give me 30k instead of 35k. The other application is still waiting for me to sign with the count down time. lol. 

Sorry, I misinterpreted what you were asking.  Yes, using your SkyMiles number and your Delta Card, you'll get 2X points from Amex/Delta for the purchase and 5X points from Delta SkyMiles for the booked flight.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I appreciate that for the confirmation. I am still playing around with both sites. I updated my post. Both sites have pro and con. I wouldn't be flying until next year but if I am buying right now, I could save more than 100% of the price! Last time I spent nearly $2300 for all the flights. Amex 1080 and Delta 1130 after taxes and insurance. MQM is over 20k for this round trip! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bad news. I still haven't received my card yet and this one is going to be the third card they are sending.

-I applied on 6/13/18 and was approved. They sent me the card number and temporary CID saying that I could use it for online purchase.

-I attempted to buy air ticket online for three times. It was rejected on amextravel.com but I am still getting $1.00 charges twice, so a total of $2.00. I chat with them to get off the card charges but the rep glossed over the charges. They said they will send me another physical card (second card) using overnight service since the first card is sent out by using a regular mail (??). However it was Friday so I know I wouldn't received it until Monday. 

-I checked my card at my RV mail pickup front desk. However, I found out that somebody had stole my card. I don't think they could activate it since I have personal pin# and info to be used for activation, I think that's what you need. 

-So I chat with the Amex representative again they the rep told me that he will send out the 3rd card. I am hoping I will receive it this time. 

Thursday, maybe?

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approvals !!!!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.