cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling The Love From AMEX - 3 Approvals : 43 Days!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Feeling The Love From AMEX - 3 Approvals : 43 Days!

First off, I'm new to the forums so hello everyone, nice to meet ya! Lately, I've been absolutely killing it with AMEX considering I've acquired 3 new cards in less than 45 days which I think is pretty impressive. 

Just to give a little background, my Experian at the time of the first card application was roughly 694 and I had never had a personal AMEX card before.

Fast forward to August 17th, I pulled the trigger and applied for the AMEX Blue Cash-ED and got an instant approval for $1,000. About an hour later that same day, I still didn't feel satisfied and decided to put in an application for the Delta SkyMiles Gold and got the "Hi ___, Can we speak to you on the phone" message. At least it wasn't a denial, so I called in and spoke to a very nice rep that asked some basic personal information and told me that I'd have to wait 5 business days to call back in before the Delta application could be manually reviewed due to my Blue Cash approval from an hour before.

On Day 4 of waiting, I called the number again and asked if there was any way that they could review it a day early and the rep put me a brief 2-3 minute hold while he asked a supervisor. Sure enough he came back on the line and told me he's got great news! I got APPROVED with a $10,000 limit, which I absolutely wasn't expecting. The rep even offered to expedite my card which was incredible.

So far, I've met both the 35,000 SkyMiles offer after $1,000 spend and the Blue Cash $100 statement credit after $1,000 spend before the 2nd statement on each. But yesterday, I reallt wanted a charge card since I pay my balance in full on all of my cards every month anyway. I knew that I definitely wouldn't get accepted for The Platinum Card with my short history and I even felt uncomfortable about the Preferred Rewards Gold so I sprung for the Green Card with the thought that I'll just upgrade it to the Gold, PRG, or Plat in 13 months. Sure enough, instant approval! All I can is that my AMEX spree is over for a long time, but I'm very happy.

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Feeling The Love From AMEX - 3 Approvals : 43 Days!

Way to go first timer!! First of all, welcome to the board!! Second of all, you did better than most people who have established credit.

Your approvals, especially with the amazing Delta Gold SL, shows that Amex trusts you. So congrats on your trio of Amex cards. I have the Green and Delta Gold myself. As well as the Hilton HHonors.

So treat them well, and you'll get rewarded in the end.😊
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks brother, it feels great! Unfortunately, I gotta take a pit stop in the garden for awhile! Nice to meet ya!

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome and congrats!

Although the Green Card is sorta useless, you absolutely can PC it next year! The PRG is a great card even though it has a higher annual fee.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it's useless, but that's exactly what I'll be doing, I look at it as a stepping stone to the PRG or Platinum and nothing more! Thanks buddy.

Message 5 of 15
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

NIce job!! Congrats!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks man!

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont know if they have different criteria for Gold, Platinum or PRG - since all of them are charge cards, I think you would have been fine to try for PRG specially with initial SL of $10K on Delta...

Don't PC since you wont get the rewards that you could have gotten. 

Congrats! I did the same thing as you and got all 4 cards except I shoot for the moon and applied for Platinum right away. 

@Anonymous wrote:

I know it's useless, but that's exactly what I'll be doing, I look at it as a stepping stone to the PRG or Platinum and nothing more! Thanks buddy.

Message 8 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Welcome to the forum and awesome job. That was an awesome Delta sl as normally i see people getting the 1000 approval on that one. Enjoy your success and take care of your cards, they should grow nicelySmiley Happy
Message 9 of 15
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

I'd like to get a charge card too, but am waiting to see if a new product might come out this week
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.