Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In with DCU finally-Frozen-then released for use-then closed and reopened

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In with DCU finally

I am very sorry for this happening to you. I wasn't aware they do alot of AA on existing accounts. I will have to search the forum and research that one...
Message 41 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

@12njoy wrote:

FIASCO FIASCO.  Called to close membership and visa card.  Asked them to remove 2 inq's and they refused.  Then they came back and said rewards card is declined and were closing the approval from yesterday because it was never reviewed by a loan officer.  I said it was reviewed by a loan officer as the rep told me so when she put me on hold.  They come back and said ok were going to freeze the account and have management look at it on Monday.  Someone will call you on Monday about account.  At this point, a CFPB complaint is forthcoming.  The simple fact that I'm being told that a loan officer didn't review it when I know for a fact that it was reviewed.  The fact that now they want to review the process tells me that they know it was reviewed.  I will be doing CFPB, BBB and state AG office.  This has been one giant fiasco.  Each time I called in asking about the Rewards card (they kept me on hold for 20 minutes so I called back in) they put in a new application without my knowledge.  All this for $7,500 I don't think so.  I'll wait on my next cli with BofA in the next 1-2 months.  That'll get me where I want to be.  Still only two pulls (EQ/TU) but I want them both removed and then they can close the account in full.  If a MOD can move this to applications, that would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Sorry to hear about this 12, What a headache for you and a mess - and of their doing, not of yours. You've been clear and communicative with them throughout the process.

Message 42 of 139
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I am very sorry for this happening to you. I wasn't aware they do alot of AA on existing accounts. I will have to search the forum and research that one...

Thanks.  It comes with the territory.  I really don't think it was the AA for the other application.  I think it was because I called a few times after they didn't know what to do.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 43 of 139
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

FIASCO FIASCO.  Called to close membership and visa card.  Asked them to remove 2 inq's and they refused.  Then they came back and said rewards card is declined and were closing the approval from yesterday because it was never reviewed by a loan officer.  I said it was reviewed by a loan officer as the rep told me so when she put me on hold.  They come back and said ok were going to freeze the account and have management look at it on Monday.  Someone will call you on Monday about account.  At this point, a CFPB complaint is forthcoming.  The simple fact that I'm being told that a loan officer didn't review it when I know for a fact that it was reviewed.  The fact that now they want to review the process tells me that they know it was reviewed.  I will be doing CFPB, BBB and state AG office.  This has been one giant fiasco.  Each time I called in asking about the Rewards card (they kept me on hold for 20 minutes so I called back in) they put in a new application without my knowledge.  All this for $7,500 I don't think so.  I'll wait on my next cli with BofA in the next 1-2 months.  That'll get me where I want to be.  Still only two pulls (EQ/TU) but I want them both removed and then they can close the account in full.  If a MOD can move this to applications, that would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Sorry to hear about this 12, What a headache for you and a mess - and of their doing, not of yours. You've been clear and communicative with them throughout the process.

Thanks hum.  I just want the two inq's removed and we'll call it a day.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 44 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
Dang sorry 12. DCU has a rep for doing this as well as doing AA on existing accounts. Which is precisely why I never joined. Them and NASA behave like a bank IMO. And I'm just not interested. Hope you can get something resolved Monday.

Care to share where I could find information on DCU doing AA on existing accounts? Have found nothing of substance on this forum. Thanks!

Message 45 of 139
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

"Know of any one with two cards?"
12njoy always thinking ahead!
I love it
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 46 of 139
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
Dang sorry 12. DCU has a rep for doing this as well as doing AA on existing accounts. Which is precisely why I never joined. Them and NASA behave like a bank IMO. And I'm just not interested. Hope you can get something resolved Monday.

Care to share where I could find information on DCU doing AA on existing accounts? Have found nothing of substance on this forum. Thanks!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/adverse-action-from-DCU/m-p/4541083/highlight/true#M1311038

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Who-are-worst-adverse-action-culprits/m-p/4485112/highlight/true#M1291723

I can't link other places I've read about it. Not as common as NASA. But, it happens.

Message 47 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/adverse-action-from-DCU/m-p/4541083/highlight/true#M1311038

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Who-are-worst-adverse-action-culprits/m-p/4485112/highlight/true#M1291723

I can't link other places I've read about it. Not as common as NASA. But, it happens.

Thanks for the info!

Message 48 of 139
baller4life
Super Contributor

@donny10 from what I've seen they are especially sensitive to alot of inqs and new accounts. So, if you have a cc with them just be mindful is all.

Message 49 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yikes. So sorry this happened to you! That really sucks!

Message 50 of 139
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.