Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU AMEX APPROVAL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU AMEX APPROVAL

I also recently had some success with this!!! Feel awesome!! Congrats!!!

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for an NFCU Amex after having a Nsecured rewards card for about six months and received an ICL of $15000!! I couldn’t believe it. And this is after I took a huge hit after a disability discharge of my student loans.

Ex:561
Tu:601
Eq:576

Message 21 of 29
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 22 of 29
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, but I'm curious about the score hit you got with the TPD Discharge of your student loans. I'm in the process of TPD for mine, and I am concerned about the impact on my scores. I am 850 across the board right now (FICO8).

EX myFICO 850 - EQ myFICO 850 - TU myFICO 850
Goal Score: 800+ across the board! *DONE!!!*
Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is an older thread of mine, but I have been seeing a lot of people being denied or were on the fence about applying. This is only from my experience but I will share.

Navy Federal uses their own scoring system and this doesnt really take into consideration traditional lending practices.

#1 Credit score isn’t really a factor, unless you have a high one then you will be approved.

#2 Time you’ve been a NFCU member with a steady direct deposit is what gets you approved for these high limit cards with bad scores.

#3 Consistency of direct deposit amount and where it comes from is very important. (Example: a steady DFAS or VA check will score much higher and improve approval odds drastically over that of say a non-military or government type of deposit. Amount only plays part in how much you’ll be approved for.

So if you join Navy Federal with bad credit get a secured card and carry it for 6 months paying it on time with your direct deposit that comes to your NFCU account, then after 6 months or a year pull the trigger on any card except the Flagship and I can almost guarantee you’ll be approved for a high limit card. If your score improves or your credit isn’t too bad by all means get the Flagship, but they tend to not approve it unless you have been at the bank for 1 year with a DFAS or VA direct deposit.

Hopefully, this helps people out with Navy Federal Cards. Lastly, this was written for people with bad credit in mind (4??-580). This is why some people are denied with better scores than others, it’s that constant direct deposit from DFAS or the VA that gets the approval!!

Update:
Pulled the trigger on CLI on day 91 and was instantly approved for $10,000 increase to $25,000 on my NFCU AMEX!! Whooohooooo!!
Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow Congrats on CLI 10k !!!! .. whats your current score and any new accounts or new inqs

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores have dipped a bit so they are about 15-20 point lower than posted. The disability discharge has really put a bad mark on my credit. I have 3 new inquiries and was approved for all but only selected the military star with a $10,000 SL, the others were for lower amounts and I figured it would make my credit look worse so I called and cancelled the cards right after they were approved.

I plan on waiting another 91 days then applying for the Flagship card and hopefully it will be approved. Gotta love that NFCU!!
Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy Moly!
Congrats!

Message 27 of 29
iamdetermined
Frequent Contributor

Awesome! Congrats to you!
**PERSISTENCE & PATIENCE** NFCU Amex $25K || NFCU GoRewards $24K || Citi $20k || Macy's $20K || Amex Cash Magnet $1.4k || CO QuickSilver $11,750 || Wells Fargo $9,500 || PayPal MC $8K || Amex ED $5,500 || USAA Pref. Cash Rewards $7.5K || Victoria’s Secret $5k || Discover IT $11.9k || Chase $12.5k || HFCU Plat. CC $2K || PenFed $500

*OVERALL CREDIT CARD LIMITS: $163,150*

NLOC $6K
US Alliance LOC $2K
Student Loans: $40k+

FICO 8 - 4/25/17: EQ 648 - EX 654 - TU 632
FICO 8 - 8/27/18: EQ 684 - EX 696 - TU 713
FICO8 1/14/22: EX 713 - EQ 703 -TU 723
FICO 8 4/7/23: EX 713 - EQ 715 -TU 729
FICO 8 4/30/23: EX 733
Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, and thank you for this post. I was denied today for an CLI on my Visa Rewards😢. I was so upset..but then I did a search and saw a lot people who had also been denied but approved for the other rewards cards. I took the chance after chickening out 3 times, and I hit the send...they instantly gave me a 20K approval!! So happy, and in shock!
Thanks again!!
Equifax 613
Transunion 618
Equifax 611
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.