Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Low Approval

tag
slickwidit
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU Low Approval

congrats on the approval and welcome to the Navy Family! my first card was 1k and my second card 91/3 was 15K. I'm holding off on the third card right now and gardening for a little... not only that I don't know if I want the flagship or not lol.

Congrats again!

"Achieving your goal is great and everything.. But The journey is where all the amazing stuff happens" *Slickwidit*
Score goals - 800+ (85 points away)
Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for an auto refinance with Navy the day I opened my account. I was approved at the lowest interest rate for my vehicle (3.89%). Emboldened by my good luck, I decided to apply for the More Rewards card (even though the Cash Rewards showed up as a prequalified offer -- I just didn't really have a use for that card) ... about an hour later, I was approved for... $500.

I sent an internal reconsideration message, as I'm trying to hit that $3000/3 SUB...asking if they'd even up it to $750/1000. They wouldn't budge. :-/

So, I'm spend-spend-spending away and pay-pay-paying it constantly so that I can hit the spend necessary to grab those 25K SUB points. I've spent about $1000 in two weeks. Hopefully, they will see that I have every intention of using it responsibly.

I was initially really bummed out, but after reading here, I have a different frame of mind. Navy apparently really likes relationships, and they were "kind enough" (yes, I know I'm talking about a CU) to extend me TWO different lines of credit without any prior relationship. 

Over time, the limit should improve. I do have one question, though, and I only saw one person mention it in the big thread -- but it didn't get a straight answer. The More Rewards is the perfect card for the majority of my spend. If I app, eventually, for second card and it's the Cash Rewards, but with a much higher limit, is Navy amenable to taking some of that 2nd card's limit and applying it to the first card? I probably did everything "backwards," but I really had no interest in the CR card and didn't want it just to have it.

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Company line is they don't do it but if you send a secure message they usually do it with "this is a one time courtesy" type of deal

Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Thanks for the info!! I will keep that in mind going forward!

Message 24 of 27
importxpresions
Regular Contributor

Congrats! Hey, they could have said no ... so $500 is a win

Current:

Mortgage applications waiting for market to calm down
Message 25 of 27
texasbred71
New Contributor

Congrats on your approval. 

Message 26 of 27
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your being approved for your Nfcu Cc. Don't be discouraged after 6 months ask for a Cli you will definitely have a higher Cl.

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.